“Very Nice Place to Stay”

TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A nice place to stay. We were travelling with our kids, and this place was great. We had the apartment suite which was spacious with a nice kitchenette with an oven. These a rare to find!
The staff were all very friendly. Rooms were clean with comfortable beds. Close to just about everything you can think of. Kids loved it because of the pool, but we loved how comfortable we felt. A nice place to stay!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2014

the good: Staff was very friendly. Room was very clean, bed was comfy. Travelling with the kids and they went to the pool which was the perfect temp even on a fairly cool night. The kitchenette in the studio was not really supplied for a family or any real cooking, but I didn't expect any differently. The room was decently large and had all we needed for the one night stay. The hotel seems fairly new and updated.

the "ok" - When I booked the room I put in that there would be 3 adults so that I'd get two beds. But I clearly didn't look at it closely since all the studio rooms are a one-bed with a pull out. I should looked at it more closely, so be advised that's all they have unless you book a full suite.

the no so great - the walls seemed paper thin. I could clearly hear the folks in the next room even though it seemed they were speaking at a normal conversation level.

All in all, if I had to book again, with the family, I'd probably go to another hotel. It if were just me and my wife, It would be ok, but the really thin walls would have been a big bummer if it were more crowded.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Zachary S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center.

You indicated in your response that the noise level, bedding arrangements and cooking supplies were not satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our first room the bed fell apart, however when we called down to the main desk they got us a new room. Rooms were clean, updated,and the beds were extremely comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic, would highly recommend staying. I have already booked my next stay with them.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas E
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Room was clean, breakfast was what you would expect, but the room really smelled musty and moldy. I complained and asked to switch rooms but was told they were full and unable to change me to a new room. The desk clerk came into the room to smell it herself. She agreed it smelled bad and that it might be the air conditioning unit but there wasn't anything she could do.

I left the windows open and the air off but it was too little too late.

I sprayed 1/2 a bottle of febreeze but my clothes and bag still smelled terrible. Can't wait to get home and wash them. I'll not stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Zachary S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

You indicated in your response that your stay was not satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The good of the hotel first. the layout of the rooms and the value was fantastic. Great rates, just off the interstate and easy access to the train. the day staff at the hotel was great, The night not so much. The two young ladies working when we had issues and the man working when we checked out were top of the line.
The bad, one night the maid forgot to clean the bathroom. the train runs infrequently and is hard to get on after the events downtown. it is forty minutes home after games and a long way from the mountains. We checked in after dark in the rain and it ws not easy to find. If you are coming from teh north, traffic on I25 is always horrible, even Sunday morning. Come at it from the south and use county line road exit, not Dry Creek. Also they ran out of breakfast both mornings.
The ugly We had 3 suites reserved for fur people each for my son and his girlfriend's families to get together and meet. We checked in on a thursday and were fine. When they wanted to check in on Friday for 2 nights, we found that some guests had not checked out and they had no rooms for the other 8 people. The two ladies worked hard to find rooms and they did not even charge them for the inconvenience but staying in different hotels ruined the whole purpose of the trip. Also the night auditor had some sort of issue on Friday night and slammed down some items he was carrying and snapped at me as he ran another key for me. he was nasty enough that we used a side door rather than go by thee front desk when he was there. The general manager whom I requested a call from was too busy to call me himself but had an assistant do it. He is probably too busy also to attend to guest needs. the desk staff had told me that they had six other groups that had no rooms also but the assistant told me it happens all the time. I stay in hotels 70 or more nighs a year and this was a first. Not having a room overshadows the rates to me. Be advised, and be prepared for a backup plan

Room Tip: stay off of I 25 and use 470. Leave a lot of time if you take the train
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TPSDTC, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review and sharing your experience at the TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If we may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The customer service was amazing! Weekend rates are a very good deal. The kitchen was well equipped and the room was clean. The only downfall was that we could hear everything going on in the rooms next to us, which probably meant they could also hear our baby. But breakfast was good and all of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Let me start off by saying I used to manage a hotel and I'm incredibly picky. Whith that being said I have to say this property, especially the staff, exceeded my expectations!
First the property, clean, clean, clean! I can usually find something and really was impressed. We booked the two bedroom suite, and it's perfect for families. The beds were very comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked with all the necessary utensils and dishes. We are traveling with an 18 month old and asked for a crib or "Pack n play" and it was clean and in good shape.
Now the best part, the staff! When the houseman delivered the pack and play for our grand daughter he must have noticed a LITTLE sign wishing our son a happy birthday, when we arrived back to the hotel from picking him up at the airport we found balloons and candy from the staff wishing him a happy birthday. Thanks James! I have to say all the staff has been that friendly and helpful!
Check in was speedy, Rebecca made you feel like you were family coming to stay at her house. The breakfast attendant, I feel bad for not getting her name, was wonderful. She was attentive to everyone in the dining room without being overly intrusive. The perfect amount of service.
I really can't find anything I would say was a negative, keeping in mind you can't always please everyone, this place does a pretty great job in the customer service arena. After reading the very few poor reviews about the staff, all I can say is it must have been a different property because these people go above and beyond.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Duffy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!