“NOT for vegetarians!”

Country Buffet
Ranked #144 of 191 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a meat-eater's restaurant most definitely. My daughter wanted to go here so I agreed because I love her just so darned much! However, I don't eat meat, sugar, or bread and pasta products-basically just raw fruits and veggies. This was SO not the place for me! Their salad bar was pathetically lacking in fruits and veggies- you know, SALAD INGREDIENTS. Much of what they did have was not fresh, but came from a can. The only fresh fruit I was able to find was some pineapple. It was extremely expensive considering how little I could find to eat. I actually left hungry and went back to my hotel and ate fruit from the fridge.

Also, the bathroom was disgusting! It was filthy and smelled like no bathroom I've ever been in before nor want to be in again! It kind of reminded me of the bathroom that Carey Elwes was chained up in in the first Saw movie. I was desperate to get out too! Heck, had I had to gnaw my own leg off to get out at least I wouldn't have left hungry!

Our waitress was awful as well. She was grumpy, surly, rude, and just didn't give a hoot. Like, why the heck were we there bothering her?? I even heard her swearing about some other customers. Not sure if my NINE YEAR OLD daughter picked up on that, or not. Always a pleasure! We will not return.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

After 1:00p.m. weekdays they have a senior lunch special. It includes everything for a reasonable price.
The food is comparable to other Country Buffets in the area. The buffet changes daily at lunch.
The only negative was the girl's bathroom was very smelly, (not human smells). It was hot and humid also. The overpowering odor of some chemical hung in the air. Everything seemed to be sanitary on sight is what bothered me.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

So its the worst, nor the best, of the buffet genre. Still, if you have a large party (especially with kids) the value is there.
Location is tucked into a mall - but that is pretty common for this genre as well.

Been to Country Buffet? Share your experiences!