“Baca is convenient and the food is good”
Review of Baca at The Inverness - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dry Creek Road
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Baca is convenient and the food is good”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

I had two meals here during my stay at the Inverness. The first was the charred buffalo tips and the second meal was halibut. I liked the flavoring and texture of the mashed potatoes that accompanied it, the sauce for the meat was savory but on the sweeter side. The earthy mushrooms were nice as well, the frisée on top served no purpose. Unfortunately, the meat was grisled and chewey. The halibut was cooked a tad more than I prefer but it was fresh and delicious. Companions had the Harissa lamb and wild salmon, both were good. The wine list is modest but fair-priced.

• Visited June 2013

Castle Pines, Colorado
“Great Happy Birthday Dining Experience”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Starting with the service, it felt like we were the only ones in the restaurant -- but wait, we were! In all fairness, it was Thanksgiving Eve. Nevertheless, the service was outstanding. This is billed as a Colorado menu with a Spanish flavor. It's been a while since I was in Madrid, so maybe that is why I had a hard time recognizing the Spanish flavor, unless it was the beets or cured olives. Anyway, that did not detract from an otherwise outstanding dining experience. We had the crabcakes with watermelon salad for an appetizer, Scottish Salmon for one entree and the twin filets with lobster salad for the other. We thoroughly enjoyed them all. The decor of the restaurant recognizes Colorado and is quite impressive in terms of the wall paintings and other art. We have been to the Inverness Hotel for the Sunday brunch and rated it highly. Baca maintains that rating.

• Visited November 2012
Malibu, California
“Sole was very good”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I ordered the sole, it was tender and was prepared with a nice sauce that complemented but did not overpower the fish.

Visited October 2012
Colorado
“Great food and ambience!”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I loved the food and our server was great! They even allowed me and my friend to stay a bit past closing time so we could chat!

Visited June 2012
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“85th Birthday Party”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

treated us like royalty in the private dining room. made 2 birthday cakes for us that were incredible. Food and service was excellent!

Visited June 2012