“Hacienda Fresh Mexican Food”
Review of Hacienda Colorado

Hacienda Colorado
Ranked #3 of 185 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Hacienda Fresh Mexican Food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Hacienda Colorado has terrific, original and fresh food. The Margaritas are terrific. Can't go wrong with this choice for a Colorado original. I would recommend the Fresh ahi tacos, or the barbacoa ribs.

• Visited February 2014

Colorado Springs
“Not quite the hype!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This place seems to be just a fad. Let me tell you the food here is quite awful. First and foremost this particular location is a bit hard to get to as you have to venture of the freeway a bit and navigate through a few back roads. Once you enter the restaurant, you check in at a hotel lobby type desk. I ordered the chimichanga with the spicy queso sauce and the chimi was not cooked thoroughly, tasted doughy, and the sauce was very watery and not spicy. In addition, I was burping Mexican food for hours afterward as the food just sat like a rock in the gut. My wife had the chicken enchiladas and they were bland and the chicken was dry. Be cautious too if you are in the need for Gluten Free cuisine. They don't have a dedicated gluten free menu, but they do have a "gluten sensitive" menu. The chips were good, the salsa was fair, and the service was good at the least.....and that's pretty much all I can say. Perhaps if you numbed your sense of taste with few of the drinks other reviewers have commented on, then perhaps you will find the food enjoyable as well.

• Visited March 2014
Colorado
“Great menu & service, potent & flavorful margaritas & a lively atmosphere!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Having heard good comments for more than a year, we now live nearby, & decided to try it on President's Day for lunch; we had mistakenly dropped by previously on a Friday or Saturday night & found the wait to be 1 1/2 hours---& that seemed too long. If we had known, however, how good the margaritas are, we would have gladly waited in the bar area for a table. Yes, the (frozen) margaritas are that good! [It seems that few places in the greater Denver area make anything other than weak drinks for high prices, so this was a very pleasant surprise.] Not to mention the strawberry margarita I had was very colorful & flavorful, & it packed a nice "kick" :) My husband said his regular-flavor margarita was the first one he'd had in more than a year that really was "worth it". We don't drink much, but when paying $7+ each for a drink (16 oz.), we'd like it to taste as it should, & these definitely do!

On to the food: I gauge a Mexican-inspired restaurant on how good the chile rellenos are, & these did not disappoint. The coating was perhaps crunchier than what I am used to, but the "innards" were wonderful. My husband & I ordered similar meals: We both got Tamale Combination dinners, & I chose the chile rellenos (it came with two, surprisingly) & he chose the ground beef enchilada & added a cheese enchilada ($3.99 a la carte). His tamale was carnitas, & he picked a red "Colorado" sauce from the many choices; I chose the chicken/green chile tamale with a green chile sauce, & it was the best one I've ever had, hands down! The tamales aren't wrapped in corn husks as one might expect---they are made fresh for your order, & the taste proves it. The tamales were another great surprise that made our meal memorable :)

The chips are light & fresh, & the salsa tastes better than it appears: we prefer red salsas, & this one is decidedly brown, but when mixed with the yellow con queso containing red & green mild peppers, something magical happens! Our server, Jack, was charming & knowledgeable & dropped by at exactly the right times.

The atmosphere is great, too---this is an expansive restaurant which has a modern yet decidedly southwestern feel; it's hard to imagine getting a poor meal or bad service here---it's a classy place to dine, & we are so glad we stopped by for lunch! We can hardly wait to try it in the summer for outdoor dining; there are two large firepits which add to the ambiance, too.

Some folks have a hard time driving to this location, especially in the dark, so here's the absolute easiest way to go: It's located just off the frontage road running perpendicular to Lincoln & I-25 (south, on the opposite side of I-25 from the RTD light rail station, near Lone Tree, CO, but with an Englewood, CO, address): Heading south on I-25, take the Lincoln Avenue exit & go left over I-25. Turn left again at a light onto the very first road you see past the entrance ramp to I-25 North; follow the frontage road until you are right beside Hacienda Colorado; turn right on Bierstadt Way, & turn right again into their large parking lot. (If coming north on I-25, take the Lincoln exit ramp to the right; get in the left lane to make a left turn at the light just past the I-25 North entry ramp; this will put you onto the frontage road; you'll be at Bierstadt Way making your 2 right turns in about 2 minutes flat.)

• Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loved this restaurant”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I love their cheese enchiladas and their guacamole! Enjoyed sangria to drink and loved the ambiance! Would definitely recommend this for anyone in the area!

Visited February 2014
Aurora, Colorado
“Yummy AGAIN”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This has always been a favorite of mine every time I visit the Denver area. The food is great, the Waiter was very friendly and accommodating. There was no waiting on the Sunday evening I visited. Coming from New Mexico, its hard to find a good Mexican style restaurant but Hacienda Colorado meets the challenge.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank BSC12

Been to Hacienda Colorado? Share your experiences!