“Good for older children”
Review of Perfect Landing

Perfect Landing
Reserve with OpenTable
Perfect Landing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 185 Restaurants in Englewood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Good for older children”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We also took our kids and grandchildren here around noon on August 5. We had been advised on the phone that no booster seats were available, but our grandkids are between ages 3 and 9, so no problem there.

Food was, in our opinion, above average for the $12 per adult plate price, the staff did their best to put us by the window, the wait staff was friendly and helpful.

And, of course, the show out the window made it good for the grandkids.

PA
“Nice restaurant, interesting view, but NOT kid friendly! :(”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was our first visit here but had been recommended for a nice lunch watching the planes. It is a unique restaurant with airplane memorabilia and views of the planes and runways at the Centennial Airport and business park area. Food was good but nothing exceptional. We met for lunch on a Monday and patrons were business casual, families and some retirees. We were meeting our daughter for her lunch hour with our grandsons for a table of 3 adults & 2 children. When greeted by the hostess we requested two boosters or a booster & highchair. She then turned & asked the male manager on duty if they had any. He was very short & rude in his "no" reply. It wasn't that it was no, they were all in use. It was no, we don't own any. Obviously he doesn't think people with planes or like to watch planes have children! In this economy can the restaurant really afford to be rude to patrons that are willing to pay for their overpriced food? I thought restaurants were in the "Hospitality" industry! We had a short wait before being seated and the other staff were cordial. As I said before food was good/average for this type of restaurant atmosphere. I Agree with other reviewers that it is overpriced so you are paying for the view. We did not feel out of place as we passed a family with 3 boys, was seated near a family of 2 children and saw a family entering as we were leaving. Fortunately our grandsons enjoyed watching the planes take-off and were unaware of the bad behavior of the manager on duty. I dare say if we had been celebrities with children he probably would have been tripping all over himself to buy some seats! I would ascertain that they prefer patrons without children and reluctantly allow patrons with children in. So you might enjoy this restaurant if you are between 25-100.

“Perfect family dinner”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

What a great experience! For a Friday night family dinner, they sat us promptly , we had drinks in 4 minutes after being sat our server Jonathan was very good , the food came out fast and was hot and delicious, I couldn't have been more pleases.

Denver, Colorado
“Crash Landing at the Perfect Landing”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Once seated the wait was 16 minutes before anyone even offered water to our party of six. Five minutes is a lifetime in the waiting game and in a restaurant with a bar, cocktails should have been offered within a minute or two at the most to keep the waiting time bearable. Our waitress, once she arrived, was pleasant and apologetic, however, apologies never make up for lost time, the one commodity in life that is nonrenewable.

For starters we ordered the Crab & Spinach Bacon Dip with tortillas and crostini’s. Wonderful! The blended taste of light crab on top of the spinach with the bacon at the back was really good. A nice way to start giving hope to the arrival of the entrees.

I ordered the 8 oz Prime Rib Au Jus (medium rare) with potatoes au gratin and asparagus spears.

In 40 years of traveling I have seen some bad plate presentations and this one was definitely in the top ten worst. The cut itself looked like the cook, no Chef would ever do this, just threw it on top of everything on the plate as if it were an afterthought. It completely covered the asparagus, just one little butt sticking out, like the foot of someone crushed under the ruble of a crashed bus. The potatoes were found oozing out from underneath the weight of the prime rib and barely recognizable at that.

The Prime Rib was sinewy with sections that I could not get the steak knife to cut through and the amount of blubbery fat hinted at a cheap cut dressed up in fine clothes. Not top notch at all. I love a good Prime Rib, this one did not want to be loved, and it wasn't. Flavor was adequate and yes, the price should have been a tip off. The asparagus was over cooked and the potatoes a disaster.

The other 5 entrees seemed to leave everyone else happy. So five out of six is a pretty good bench mark, but for the one out of six, it was a bad, very bad. I can’t refer anyone here that I like, and won’t be back. Life is too short to wait so long for so little.

• Visited July 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Fun Views of a Landing Strip”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I like going to this restaurant to see the planes taking off and landing. The staff are really friendly. The food is a bit overpriced, I think, but it's worth having a unique experience once in a while. Most recently, I ordered the "Colorado Burrito" with chicken. The chicken tasted reheated, though. I don't mind reheated meat as long as I can't tell the difference. The sandwiches and soups are yummy.

• Visited July 2013