“Excellent Service”

Black-eyed Pea
Ranked #94 of 185 Restaurants in Englewood
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were a party of 30 women. The restaurant was ready for us and the staff was very friendly. They were willing to do separate checks. The waitstaff was efficient and didn't mess up any orders. The food took awhile to get to the table but there were 30 of us and we all got our food at about the same time. The food is mostly basic home-style cooking but there is a large selection of dishes and it was quite good. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

There are newer reviews for Black-eyed Pea

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I don't get to go often - none in Virginia or surrounding states. As always the pot roast and fried catfish were excellent. Report was their pork chops were good. Rolls always fresh, hot and delicious. Family friendly.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I used to live in the Denver area and Black Eyed Pea was always one of my favorite places to eat. I don't understand the negative reviews as this restaurant chain has always advertised the fact that they serve comfort foods. It was clean and comfortable and very welcoming. Our server Jake was terrific! His demeanor was warm, kind and very professional. The food we ordered was perfectly prepared and delicious. I would not hesitate to eat here again and would highly recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Our service was prompt. We were disappointed that although wine was featured at the entrance to the restaurant, there was only one choice available, their house wine. The menu offered many tasty vegetables, always a favorite for me. If you like pot roast, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and the like, you'll probably like it here

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Thought we would try another BEP just to make sure if we would come back again or not. I think not. My first impression was Joe the waiter who was so jived up I thought he may have had too much caffiene this morning. Then the smell of a cloth that they obviously wiped all tables with that made a smell of mold and old, yuk for the appetite. The place just smells like it all needs to be taken apart and sanitized. I ordered the cream of broccoli soup and it had a good flavor but huge pieces of broccoli. What happened to the nice basket of warm corn bread loaves? I got 2 semi-warm hockey puck style muffins that were dry, the honey butter helped only somewhat. Husband ordered the BBQ beef sandwich with onion rings. The onion rings were the best part of our meal, they were thick and moist and bit off perfectly in your mouth. The sandwich though, husband said was mediocre, not great and he said, "Babby Ray's or Hienze sauce out of a bottle would have been better than whatever was on this sandwich". This was not a good experience, fast food, okay service, but not warm the belly good.

Been to Black-eyed Pea? Share your experiences!