“Consistently Great Food”

El Tepehuan
Ranked #16 of 200 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I'm like one of the other reviewers - I found a dish I LOVE and have difficulty trying anything else on the menu. I have had the Chili Rellenos - very good - although they generally look like they were burned. (They don't taste that way at all, just a heads up about the appearance) I have also had a Mexican Steak which was really good. But my go to plate is the Mexican Revolution from the breakfast menu, although it is (thankfully) served all day. Its a mash-up of eggs, shredded beef, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and other delicious ingredients I can not name, but devour quite readily. It's covered with green chili (Yum on it's own, but even better covering the mash-up, in my opinion) and comes with Spanish rice and refried beans dotted with melted cheese on the side. Also served with 2 delightfully warm and pliable flour tortillas. Can't miss with this choice, I promise!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

The breakfast is crazy. Just what you would expect from a down home place. Comfort food and low cost.. Very good...

Reviewed 30 July 2012

El Tepehuan Restaurant is a hidden gem in Englewood, Colorado. We were introduced to it a few years ago, and whenever we are in the area find ourselves being drawn back there. While it is not fancy or a place some people would call trendy, it has some of the best Mexican food around at fantastic prices.We love their bountiful breakfasts and their green chili is to die for.
The food is, I think, New Mexico style, which I always look for and seldom find.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The food is good. Priced fairly well for the quality and quantity. The green salsa is great but
a wee bit TOO SPICEY ! I wish they offered a straight shredded beef burrito.. They had one, but mixed with beens. The margarita's were HORRIBLE !!! Do not order a margarita !!!
Absolutely a rip-off and awful.. Stick to beer... Most of their dishes they do not skimp on the cheese, unlike alot of Mexican places. Too bad, they charge for chips and salsa... WE boycotted ordering those because it should be free like 99% of Mexican restaurants.
We will return if : 1. The chips & salsa are free and not too spicy. 2. They offer a good beef burrito or beef enchiladas, 3. They learn to make an awesome margarita... Stick to beer or coca-cola... The food is pretty good... and the prices are not "yuppiefied." It is located in an interesting part of downtown Englewood. Much better than a generic mall, or suburban setting that could be boring and "look alike architecture." -- Very disappointing margaritas...!!!!!!!
We will return if they improve the margaritas, the salsas, and offer free chips..

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have been regulars in this place since we found out about it from a friend in the late 90's. Their food is so awesome, and the green chili can't be beat! Belive me, we've tried and tried different mexican restaurants and this is by far the best! We now live in Southwest Nebraska and it's well worth the 5 1/2 hour drive to eat here and get a quart of green to go!

1  Thank mzjeepco

Been to El Tepehuan? Share your experiences!