“I Ate Here Twice A Week When I Lived In Denver” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Tepehuan
Ranked #35 of 184 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Phoenix
“I Ate Here Twice A Week When I Lived In Denver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I make it a point of returning to El Tepehuan whenever I am visiting the families in Denver. I don't care what I am supposed to be doing I have to come here first. Same owners and staff for over 20 years. I always get the green chili smothered beef burrito, chips, coke...Had my last birthday here!

• Visited January 2014

WestSlope,CO
“A neighborhood gem with great prices and tasty Mexican food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a small, family owned café (since 1978) and it is a gem of a place...some might call it a hole in the wall, but it was tidy and the service friendly and prompt. For less than $10 you can get more food than you can eat, and it is really tasty. Two of our party are very fond of Micheladas ($5.75) and have tried them several places in Denver, not to mention several countries, and they both gave these huge Micheladas a score of 5++ stars, best ever! We had a melted cheese appetizer with chorizo, green chiles, and caramelized grilled onions (served with crispy tortilla chips) and it was one of the most delicious appetizers I've ever tasted....I'll probably have it for my dinner next time. Our party of four had a variety of food, served quickly and piping hot.

My rating of 4 Trip Advisor "bubbles" is based on a comparison with other similar type restaurants. Keep in mind that this is not an elegant gourmet restaurant with linens and atmosphere; but a small, friendly, family owned place with really, really good Mexican food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank misspWestSlope_CO
Littleton, Colorado
“Most favorite mexican - been going there since 1983”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I love love this place. I love HOT salsa, and I saw a guys nose bleed eating it once (true), but don't let that stop you! It can be tamped down. The shredded beef is the best I have had ANYWHERE and the pork green chile is awesome AND gluten free. Hard to find green chile without flour! Carnitas, burritos, releneos- all excellent. Same family running it since the 80's.

Visited October 2013
Colorado
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Wonderful dependable Mexican food. Always friendly fast service. Love the Micheladas and the whole fish Mojarra. The shrimp and steak dish is superb !

Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Nice and spicy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I'm not one to get ramped up on all things spicy but this place did a nice job of making it just about perfect for me to eat. The place was full (a good sign of a good place to eat). The service was good and the staff was friendly. I've only eaten here once but I would definitely come back here again.

• Visited September 2013