“Excellent!!”

Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Concerts of rock, jazz, classical, and country music.
washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Had a great time! The venue was excellent. I don't understand the neg. reviews, they are not justified.

Aurora, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good times!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been to many concerts at Fiddler's Green and have always had a good time! We usually sit in the lawn section and have never had a problem. We recently purchased tickets for "chair" seating and had a wonderful view of the stage! Employees were helpful and nice. You are able to bring in one bottled water per person, which was good. Concession's lines were long but that was to be expected. The only thing I would say needs attention is the woman's bathroom needs constant re-stocking of tissue/hand towels.

1 Thank Kamm R
golden, co
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Tight Venue, with Good Qualities”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have read the other reviews and have to agree with many of the comments.
Yes, security is tight and ever-present.
Yes, beer and food are at the highest prices I have ever seen.
Yes, lines are long for beverages.
Yes, pot smokers do get hassled.
Yes, the bathrooms do get messier as the evening progresses (there are no staffers attending to the facilities during the show, so based on the clientele conditions will degrade).
Yes, the sound system is not top notch. It may be where I was sitting (good seats I thought), or the outdoors thing, but the sound quality was not as good as I have experienced at other venues. It was loud enough, but not entirely clear.

On the upside:
I did not see any rude/bizarre behavior, fighting, outrageous drunkenness, or people throwing up.
There is free parking.
I had a great pork bbq sandwhich.
Beer selection was excellent.
The place is laid out nicely, kept up well and was clean (initially).
I did not have to wait in line for the restroom.
I enjoyed the show.

The bottom line is this;
Just like any other venue, know what you are up for before you go, and there will be no surprises. Because of a noise ordinance, the sound needs to be off at 11PM.
Don't bring a backpack, you will get frisked upon entry and if you leave, you cannot get back in.

Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun place to go”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

You have to know what to expect here. It's no frills and its outside. Yes, if it rains you will get wet. Its an outdoor venue. Same would happen at Red Rocks. The bathrooms are not the greatest but not terrible. There's always toilet paper and soap and paper towels. The sound is great if you're in the seats. Grass doesn't have the best acoustics, you know! If you really like the band pay a little extra for a seat. Parking is free, some people just don't know how to read i guess. There's signs everywhere. Overall I like the place. We go there 2-3 times a year. I heard they are spending some money after concert season to do some upgrades. Maybe they will fix some things that people are complaining about.

Denver, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Go to Red Rocks”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I attend 5-10 concerts a year in CO & avoid Fiddler's Green, or whatever its called currently, like the plague! While the website says there is free parking included in your ticket, we couldn't find it anywhere & I specifically looked for it on the website. My friends finally begged me to park & they paid $20 for the dirt lot. You can't bring in ANY food or drink & their prices are higher than similar venues. We were sitting in section 203, a row off the boxed seat area so the waiter asked us if we wanted to order anything so we ordered another bottle of the wine we had ordered at the outside concession for $32. When he returned, 45 minutes later, he told us the cost was $45! We protested & he told us that was what they charged to provide the wait service. Ridiculous! Our concert started at 5p & it was BLAZING hot in all but the first 50 rows so there were crowds of us standing at the opening trying to stay cool until the clouds blocked the sun. The sound isn't bad but there is a hard stop @ 10:30p since the theatre is now surrounded by condos in & among all the office buildings. The other interesting aspect is that there were tons of police & security everywhere! And this was a Bob Dylan ho-hum concert! And pot is legal now! Go to Red Rocks...no parking fee, you can bring in your own food & any plastic sealed non-alcoholic beverages. Red Rocks is the best concert venue in the world!

Visited July 2013