“Show was great - Venue has some big negatives”

Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Concerts of rock, jazz, classical, and country music.
Eagan, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Show was great - Venue has some big negatives”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

On the plus side: Easy to get to location. I'm not from Denver, but had no problem finding it. There is plenty of parking (free or paid). I opted for paid in a small lot that allowed me quick exit out - some of the free lots looked pretty backed up. I was back on the freeway 5 minutes after leaving the lot. Staff that I interacted with were all very friendly and helpful. Sound was good for an outdoor venue.

On the negative side: Refreshment area was too small for the crowd size. I had to wait 25 min for a hot dog (and they didn't even have ketchup). You could barely move around the area. It needs to be reconfigured or expanded. Smoking was allowed. For non-smokers, it was not pleasant in such tight surroundings. Security was very inconsistent. I had pit tickets, for which you pay a higher amount. When I arrived during the opening act they arm banded us, however as the night went on the crowd in the pit area doubled and most of the people did not have arm bands, and were significantly more intoxicated than those of us who had been in the pit all evening. It appears they stopped checking at some point, or just decided not to confront these large groups of drunks who pushed their way down front. It was frustrating for those of us who actually paid to be in that location.

Grand Junction, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Talk about beer prices”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Lets just say at $13 a beer and $5 for water thats way more than red rocks and the Pepsi center put together . Only 1 set of working rest rooms plenty of portly loos. The sound was not great but heard worse. There were plenty of feed back. Long time for set up between shows.ushers would not stop people from smoking pot in the crowd the smell was terrible .

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Cool suburban amphitheater!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

A little gem I discovered by accident. Loved the proximity to south Denver and the box seats with personal service. A little bit of a tight fit, but it makes for a great way to meet new people and just enjoy Denver weather and musical events.

Visited November 2012
washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Had a great time! The venue was excellent. I don't understand the neg. reviews, they are not justified.

Aurora, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good times!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been to many concerts at Fiddler's Green and have always had a good time! We usually sit in the lawn section and have never had a problem. We recently purchased tickets for "chair" seating and had a wonderful view of the stage! Employees were helpful and nice. You are able to bring in one bottled water per person, which was good. Concession's lines were long but that was to be expected. The only thing I would say needs attention is the woman's bathroom needs constant re-stocking of tissue/hand towels.

1 Thank Kamm R