1,417 results
All reviews golf course club level fireside lounge outdoor pool guest services business meeting beautiful hotel within miles free shuttle enjoyed my stay fitness center spa valet spotted brunch wedding denver
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I would definitely stay here again. Staff was wonderful. Grounds are beautiful. Comfy room. Food/Bev a little on the high side for what you get, but, that's hotels for you. Room service until 11pm - gotta love that!

This place is all about the environment too. I loved that they have their shampoo/conditioner/body wash in large bottles hanging in the shower instead of in little bottles. Less landfill! . While that is not a real deciding factor for me, it's nice to know that they care.

If I lived in the area this would be a great place to host a large party. The Spotted Dog is a cozy bar with pool tables, shuffle board and darts, and looks like it could hold about 100 people. It's attached to the outdoor patio with a view of the grounds and pond/fountain - very elegant!

Did I mention the staff? Great people! They even offer free shuttle service anywhere within a 5 mi. radius of the hotel. We ate at Shanahan's one night - great food, fabulous ambiance. The guys who dropped us off/picked us up were so nice. And we didn't have to wait more than 10 min. when we were ready to get back to our room.

This place is across from the Hilton. And I can tell you, I was happy we stayed here instead.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the property, shuttle, bars and especially our staff. We have an outstanding team and they will be thrilled to see your comments. We know you have many choices and we would like to thank you for choosing The Inverness. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dave Larson
Director of Operations

Reviewed 9 October 2012

At check in, asked them to hold all incidentals - I would barely be in the room, and absolutely didn't need them. Went ahead and took out a huge hold on my card, regardless. Multiple weeks later, this hold is still there. Absolutely some of the worst customer service I've ever encountered

As for the property itself, felt very old. No modern "pantry" style shop, not close to anything, room was dated.

All around a horrible experience, and with all of the wonderful hotels in the Denver area I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank folex1212
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

I’m so sorry to hear that there was an authorization request processed to your credit card account allowing for charging privileges at the property. We absolutely have a process in place for guests who either do not possess a credit card or for those who do not wish to cover any potential incidentals with a credit card. Clearly there was a misunderstanding at check-in so please accept my apologies. If you have experienced a hold for any length of time longer than 3 business days, I would suggest contacting your financial institution. I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations with regard to other aspects of your stay as well. Thank you for the comments and know that your concerns will be addressed appropriately.

Regards,
Dave Larson
Director of Operations

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Three day stay for military reunion. Great Club Floor suite with scenic view. Clean, modern room and hotel. Friendly and responsive staff. Outstanding property. Nice contintental breakfast and accessible business center.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We also stayed at the Inverness s part of the three day army reunion. Our room was large and clean with pretty views. We spent time in the hospitality room for the reunion which was kept in order by the hotel staff. The banquet was well run and the food was the best of any of our yearly reunions. Kudos!!

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed at Inverness for three nights as part of a military reunion group. On arrival we were upgraded to the Club Floor, which offered larger rooms, amazingly huge windows framing the Rockies, and a great lounge offering free expanded continental breakfast and an evening Happy Hour (well, two hours :). We had a couple of picky issues (hairdryer problem, ran out of tissues) and they were fixed within moments. Can't ask for more than that. The "resort fee" added to the room rate covers internet access and valet parking. We took advantage of the daily breakfast buffet which was excellent. The staff was friendly, appeared obviously happy with their jobs, and very efficient. And the hotel itself is beautiful ... wonderful decor, soaring lobby area, spacious public areas. The hotel is also near an enormous IKEA, which is always a treat for us (we live in a non-IKEA area). We'd definitely return to Inverness.

Room Tip: If mobility is an issue, ask for a room near an elevator. The hotel is long and it can be a trek to some rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends