“Top notch all around”

Hilton Denver Inverness
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The food was absolutely incredible. It was 5 star food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the dining room staff were courteous and attentive. The rooms were clean and the bed sooooo comfortable. The shower was a walk in room, and the shampoo and conditioner were even high quality so I didn't ever regret not bringing my own. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing - especially if you are traveling for business, what more can you ask for besides good food, drink, and a golf course?

Room Tip: I overlooked the golf course and fountain - wouldn't have traded that peaceful view for anything...

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed the weekend of October 6th 2012 with my husband and enjoyed it. The hotel was large, clean, and attractive. It snowed that weekend so we stayed mostly inside. They kept the hotel at a good temperature. The golf course looked inviting but my favorite was the spa! It smelled so good, and they have many different options to choose from. We went for a wedding and my massage did a good job at getting rid of my hang over.. The food was okay.. I feel like they should maybe change the menu a little but it was fine. And the views were okay.. I'd go back just for the spa.

Room Tip: We looked at a few rooms and they all seemed decent size.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rocio v
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We experienced superb customer service, excellent accommodations in a beautiful facility. The golf course was challenging and well maintained. The breakfast buffet was delicious and offered a huge variety of scrumptious, healthy fare. Convenient to great shopping, easy access to downtown Denver and a short distance to Rocky Mountain National Park.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west of the building offer a great view of the mountains but also overlook the parking...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I currently live in the Denver Metro Area and was staying in this hotel for a wedding. Upon Check-in, Isabella whom was AMAZING, checked us in most efficiently and was able to bring our bags up to our room since we were in such a rush. Upon heading back to the hotel after the wedding we were pleasantly surprised by how clean the rooms were and how nice the entire facility was. Since it was so late in the evening, it seems as though the Nice Guest Service Representatives had left for the day. The gentleman named Steven on Night Audit was horrible, and was sitting around the entire time. We Called inquiring about food, and the man gave one word answers and told us to use the mini-bar. We would have jumped right into that Mini-Bar, had we had the key to get in. ( extremely un-useful if you cannot get in it.) We called back down to ask about vending machines and delivery, he told us " Ma'am I am the Same person you have been talking to. This is the suburbs, not a college town" Ignoring the fact, we are all older than him and have graduated college. Instead of Offering to bring us a key for the mini-bar or offer any delivery services in the area, he in turn told us to come get the key ourselves from the desk. He also refused to assist one of my out of town friends in calling a cab to get food, because of lack of late night options. When my key didn't work he told me to go back up to my room and wait for someone to come let me in, After 15 minutes of waiting no one came. When i went back down to the front desk he said he would not let me in anyway without I.D ( understandable, except it was in my room.) This gentleman had no customer service skills, and had he been just a bit more nice, this hotel would be amazing. Honestly, due to the service we received at night, it really made me question whether I would recommend it to anyone from out of town, or someone who is a night owl like myself. The Front Desk manager was very pleasant and understanding when I mentioned my concerns in the morning, and I was grateful she took the time to speak to me. Although, I am very sure she deleted to E-mail to refuse a survey to be sent to us. Hopefully they get better night staff and vending machines before the next time I decide to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brittany M
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you for choosing the Inverness and also for taking the time to share your comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the guest rooms and facility and thank you for acknowledging the exceptional service at check-in. I do apologize that the late night service did not meet your expectations. Thankfully the morning manager was able to address your concerns. Please be assured that the challenges you had experienced are not the norm and have been addressed appropriately. I certainly hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future as we value your business greatly.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I read all the rave reviews about this hotel before I went there and quite frankly, I don't understand them. Not that there is anything bad about this hotel, there really isn't - but if someone thinks this is an amazing hotel then they don't get out much. I have stayed in countless Marriott's, Hilton's, Hyatt's and the like as well as luxury properties such as Ritz Carlton and The Four Seasons. I would say this hotel is comparable to a nice Marriott. It was not as nice as the last Grand Hyatt I stayed at. The customer service ranged from very good to MIA. I thought it was odd when I first arrived by taxi that there was no one to open the door. The doors were not automated and although I didn't need help with my roller bag, it would have been easier if someone held the door open for me since I was also carrying a laptop bag. Other members in my group arriving at different times had the same experience. The front desk staff was helpful, but the Fireside lounge was understaffed so service was MIA. The room was nice enough, with a desk, but a bit small. Typically, I expect rooms this size in urban locations so I was a bit surprised to feel cramped in the 'burbs of Denver. Oddly, there was no safe in the room. The hotel said they had a safe deposit at the front desk (inconvenient) but it was not big enough to hold a laptop. On the plus side the bathroom had ample counter space, a lighted vanity mirror plus a lighted makeup mirror - which all decent hotels should have but sadly do not. It was odd to not to find cotton balls or q-tips in the bathroom though. There were no free waters provided which many hotels provide these days. Especially odd in Denver where locals recommended those who were not accustomed to the altitude drink plenty of water, I was surprised that this hotel charged five bucks a bottle. The gym was very nice, but not open 24 hours which is the norm in most business hotels these days. I ordered from the Baca menu at the bar one night and had breakfast the next morning and both meals were very good. The hotel seems to be popular for business guests (which I was) - as a business guest I think this hotel is a good choice, but would not have been happy if I had paid for it with my own money. I did not try the spa, nor did I golf or play tennis, so people who used these amenities may have a different opinion. I think the title of my review says it all.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I would definitely stay here again. Staff was wonderful. Grounds are beautiful. Comfy room. Food/Bev a little on the high side for what you get, but, that's hotels for you. Room service until 11pm - gotta love that!

This place is all about the environment too. I loved that they have their shampoo/conditioner/body wash in large bottles hanging in the shower instead of in little bottles. Less landfill! . While that is not a real deciding factor for me, it's nice to know that they care.

If I lived in the area this would be a great place to host a large party. The Spotted Dog is a cozy bar with pool tables, shuffle board and darts, and looks like it could hold about 100 people. It's attached to the outdoor patio with a view of the grounds and pond/fountain - very elegant!

Did I mention the staff? Great people! They even offer free shuttle service anywhere within a 5 mi. radius of the hotel. We ate at Shanahan's one night - great food, fabulous ambiance. The guys who dropped us off/picked us up were so nice. And we didn't have to wait more than 10 min. when we were ready to get back to our room.

This place is across from the Hilton. And I can tell you, I was happy we stayed here instead.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the property, shuttle, bars and especially our staff. We have an outstanding team and they will be thrilled to see your comments. We know you have many choices and we would like to thank you for choosing The Inverness. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

At check in, asked them to hold all incidentals - I would barely be in the room, and absolutely didn't need them. Went ahead and took out a huge hold on my card, regardless. Multiple weeks later, this hold is still there. Absolutely some of the worst customer service I've ever encountered

As for the property itself, felt very old. No modern "pantry" style shop, not close to anything, room was dated.

All around a horrible experience, and with all of the wonderful hotels in the Denver area I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank folex1212
DaveLars, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

I’m so sorry to hear that there was an authorization request processed to your credit card account allowing for charging privileges at the property. We absolutely have a process in place for guests who either do not possess a credit card or for those who do not wish to cover any potential incidentals with a credit card. Clearly there was a misunderstanding at check-in so please accept my apologies. If you have experienced a hold for any length of time longer than 3 business days, I would suggest contacting your financial institution. I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations with regard to other aspects of your stay as well. Thank you for the comments and know that your concerns will be addressed appropriately.

Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Central Business District
the ART, a hotel
#1 of 160 in Denver
Cherry Creek
JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Hilton Denver Inverness? Share your experiences!