“Considering canceling my reservation”

Hilton Denver Inverness
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I haven't stayed at the location yet but I'm already reconsidering. Myself and a few friends take an annual golf trip. This year we are headed to Denver. After booking the hotel and flight as a package I tried to call the golf course to make a tee time for our group on sunday morning. I was informed that I could only make tee times after noon on weekends because this is a private club and members have access before noon. I could understand this if I was not a guest of the hotel but I'm paying money to stay at your hotel and should be extended the ability to play golf when I chose. I asked the pro shop if they would reconsider and their answer was no. If we can figure out a way to cancel our hotel stay we will be doing so very soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank glubbe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This year we decided to have a vacation where we mostly chill out and hang by the pool rather than run from one tourist attraction to the other. This put a lot of pressure on me to find the right place to stay. I wanted something with an indoor and outdoor pool to take weather out of the equation, and hopefully where they had a good customer service attitude.

I did my research and chose this hotel. It turned out to be a great choice. We had a wonderful vacation and it was hard to leave.

The location is nowhere near the airport so it's expensive to get there if you don't have a car. The hotel arranges a car service if you want them to. The train does not go to the airport yet, but that is under construction. Once that is done, that will be the best way to get to the resort.

We were here for seven nights and were not bored despite not having a car. Keep in mind our goal was to chill, so I'm not saying there is endless entertainment here. We used the indoor and outdoor pools. They have, but we did not use, a spa, a golf course, and tennis courts. That's about it in the area. There is nothing to walk to - and I mean nothing. The shuttle service is nice and the guys out front running it are friendly and responsive for the most part. Dan and Robbie deserve honorable mention for their exceptional friendliness and giving us some good tips. The shuttle will take you within 5 miles and this does include access to the train. We took the shuttle to restaurants, to mini golfing, and to a Gray Line tour pickup spot. You can't reserve the shuttle so sometimes you have to wait a bit to be taken somewhere or dropped off.

The property and rooms seemed to me to be very clean, well maintained, and up to date. I didn't see anything that was worn or obviously old-looking. I see in the notes that they are planning some refurbishment. That goes to show how good my interior decorating skills are :)

The indoor pool is nice but not huge. We were there just once because it was cool the day we arrived.

The outdoor pool was obviously where we planned to spend a great deal of time, and we were not disappointed. The pool itself was never over-full even when the resort was completely booked. We always were able to have chairs and they were great about always keeping a plethora of towels stocked. They have plenty of umbrellas for shade when needed, some tables with upright chairs, and many long chairs. The water seemed to attract bugs and plant debris, and some minor repairs are needed, but these were not major issues. They have poolside food and beverage service. Scottie who worked the pool bar deserves special mention. She went out of her way to be friendly and make us feel welcome.

We tried two of the restaurants - the Fireside Lounge and the Spotted Dog (sports bar). Neither had a great variety, and in fact the menus shared some items as did the room service menu (which we never used). They were OK but not exceptional. We mostly went to restaurants in the area though we didn't find any local non-chain gems worth highlighting.

We stayed on the 5th floor which is the club floor and I would highly recommend this as others have done. The rooms were nice. The cooling power of the a/c was a little weak vs. the Denver heat. The window shades are on an angle on the top floor and they let quite a bit of light leak through in the early morning if your room is on the east side. There is a good variety of cable channels. The wifi worked very well and was plenty fast.

One minor irritation is that there are no exhaust fans in the bathrooms. I really really don't get "nice" hotels/resorts that do this. It's not very expensive and it makes all the difference in the world. I realize some people may like being ultra-hot-muggy and having a quarter-inch of steam covering everything when you're done with a shower, but I can tell you it's very irritating to me. And you can't leave the door open when you're with your kids. Geez - put in a stupid fan!

The club lounge was like an oasis in the desert. There is breakfast each morning with one hot item along with bagels, toast, fruit, boiled eggs, juice, cereal, etc. Weekdays it's only until 9 but weekends it goes to 10:30. The hot item would rotate - sometimes pancakes and waffles which I'm indifferent to, but other times were breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, scrambled eggs with cheese - which were really good. Anytime in the lounge they have a bottled water dispenser and sometimes leftover cookies and soda. Each evening 5-7 they have a hot appetizer along with snacks and drinks. The teriyaki chicken wings are the best.

100 gold stars go to Lauren in the club lounge who became our best friend. Lauren was out-of-her-mind friendly, accommodating, engaging, welcoming, etc. She made it seem like it was her life's goal to make us feel at home. Lauren is the hotel's best asset. It was honestly difficult to tell her we were leaving. We will miss her!!!

All in all, we had a wonderful time. As stated earlier, the Inverness could have killed our vacation but it turns out it made it great, especially the staff members mentioned here. We would love to come back sometime!

Room Tip: Club Floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank xGBPx
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A nice place to call "home" when visiting the area. Comfortable accommodations and plenty of amenities to satisfy anyone. Valet parking is available though the parking lot is large enough to ensure you can just pull in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great beds but cleaning staff checked us out when we were NOT checked out. I went back to my room and found cleaning staff already cleaning bathroom and pulling sheets. I showed room key and said we were NOT checked out. When I went back cleaning staff in room. A 3rd time I went back to room and my key would not unlock MY room. I proceeded to go to desk and checkout and tell my story. I had to continue to explain my story. Checked computer and said I was checked out. My husband and I were holding 2 room keys and it was well before 11 o'clock AM. I do NOT understand how this checkout policy that allows the cleaning staff to check me out! Eventually I was was offered 2 complimentary breakfasts. I don't need breakfast, I am leaving now after I was locked out of my own room! Terrible checkout policy!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jean P
DaveLarson, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I certainly regret the inconveniences that you experienced most recently. Many of our guests leave the hotel without formally checking out at the front desk or through our automated system. Therefore, if the room is vacant and all belongings have been removed from the room on the scheduled day of departure, our housekeeping professionals may presume the guests are not returning. Please forgive us for this incorrect assumption. I certainly hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again. I am confident that our team will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Inverness bills itself as a hotel/conference center and it is both of those in the sense that it offers more amenities than the usual roadside motels. Having a golf course and swimming pools along with several bars, it has enough to keep the casual visitor entertained but it is not what I would consider a destination resort. The immediate views from the windows are either a golf course that ends with an airport or a view of a big blue IKEA with mountains in the background. The grounds themselves are okay but keep in mind that you are in the midst of a business office park. The facilities are adequate and well maintained though they are in need of an update and are starting to look a little worn and frayed around the edges.

Of notable mention is the staff in general. Each person that I dealt with during my eight day stay was affable, polite and friendly. The waitstaff in both the bar areas and the dining room were extremely nice and welcoming. While the food was not an epicurean feast, it was not the worst that I have had.

There is obviously a big trade in weddings, so be prepared for the attendent noise, parking problems and little children running through the lobby during the event and the day afterwards in the pool area. Quiet and restful would not be the order of the day. It is advisable to also rent a car while staying there if you want to leave the five mile area that the hotel van provides transport to, should you want to dine elsewhere, go into the city or sightsee in general.

Room Tip: Probably a good bet is to stay on the IKEA side to minimize possible noise from the airport on the o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I attended a business meeting for 9 days, and this resort had all the bells and whistles. I had the view of a private airport on one side, and the mountains on the other! This was a breath-taking view, and was, at its finest, non-electric entertainment! We hardly turned the television on during our stay!

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel offer super views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

The views overlooking our 60+ acres of beautifully landscaped property are amazing and I’m pleased that you enjoyed them. Thank you for your business and also for sharing your comments. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at the Inverness for two nights while attending a training seminar. They accommodated an early check in without issue. The room was very comfortable. The hotel features several restaurants. The gym and pool/spa were a great added feature to unwind after traveling and day of classes. Guest services handled my car service reservations to the airport. All the staff was friendly and went out of their way to meet your request.

If you need anything from outside the facility. they have a shuttle that will take you to various places with in a short radius of the conference center too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center

Been to Hilton Denver Inverness? Share your experiences!