“Minor construction.....check first before you go”

Hilton Denver Inverness
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
The Woodlands, Texas
“Minor construction.....check first before you go”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This expansive resort was undergoing some roof work when we stayed. I would check to avoid those areas.

The resort is aging, but offered a relaxing stay. I would recommend the Concierge Floor for the free breakfast, snack, and wine and beer. The attendant could have been more helpful and cleaned up instead of watching TV on all three of the days I stayed.

The remaining staff was excellent. We had a conference there and they were on top of every detail. The daily lunch buffet for the groups was outstanding, something for everyone.

Enjoyed a delicious aged steak and a reasonably price good CA Cab at the bar ( the restaurant was closed for a private party).

The resort looks best at night. With spotlights lighting the interior and soaring ceilings, I would not rate this in my top 10 resorts, but it was a relaxing conference.

Room Tip: The fifth floor window views with the curved windows were the best rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Inverness Hotel in Englewood, outside Denver. What a great location for a wedding. From making reservations to restaurants and lovely rooms this hotel was perfect.
When making reservations we requested adjoining rooms and a crib since we were traveling with an infant. Our rooms were perfect and was close to a little sitting alcove out in the hallway we could use to meet and visit or eat a meal.

Our room was always cleaned and well stocked with towels, soap, etc. I never saw the maid except in the hall but she did a good job keeping us happy.

We had a beer and snack at the Spotted Dog, brunch buffet in the main dining room and a special dinner in Baca. All these restaurants offered lots of choices and everything I had was delicious.

We were able to walk to local restaurants for a special family meal but the hotel offered shuttle service if we had desired.

We were staying here for our niece's wedding which was held at the hotel. It appeared to be a class act with the hotel wedding services taking good care of the bride and groom. The food served at the wedding was some of the best I have had at a wedding as was the cake.

I highly recommend this hotel when traveling in the Denver area.

Room Tip: One side is mountains and the other side is a golf course. Pick your view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Really nice facility if you have deep pockets or using expense account. Beautiful location and very helpful staff. Restaurant breakfast buffet was tasty but at seventeen dollars a person , I found it a bit pricey for breakfast food. Bell staff holds the baggage carts hostage and will not allow guest to use them on their own. Recommend hotel provide a discount to hotel guests for Breakfast Buffet and guests should be allowed to use baggage carts withou having to obligate themselves to bell staff tipping.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I like not having to worry about service when I go on vacation and Inverness delivers. The place is clean and the people are friendly and helpful. I liked the pool, the variety of places to eat and its close to the lite rail. They have a shuttle you can use to take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius.

Room Tip: Good wifi speed no extra charge
Green Features: room service and sheet replacement at your discretion to keep green
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I haven't stayed at the location yet but I'm already reconsidering. Myself and a few friends take an annual golf trip. This year we are headed to Denver. After booking the hotel and flight as a package I tried to call the golf course to make a tee time for our group on sunday morning. I was informed that I could only make tee times after noon on weekends because this is a private club and members have access before noon. I could understand this if I was not a guest of the hotel but I'm paying money to stay at your hotel and should be extended the ability to play golf when I chose. I asked the pro shop if they would reconsider and their answer was no. If we can figure out a way to cancel our hotel stay we will be doing so very soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank glubbe
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This year we decided to have a vacation where we mostly chill out and hang by the pool rather than run from one tourist attraction to the other. This put a lot of pressure on me to find the right place to stay. I wanted something with an indoor and outdoor pool to take weather out of the equation, and hopefully where they had a good customer service attitude.

I did my research and chose this hotel. It turned out to be a great choice. We had a wonderful vacation and it was hard to leave.

The location is nowhere near the airport so it's expensive to get there if you don't have a car. The hotel arranges a car service if you want them to. The train does not go to the airport yet, but that is under construction. Once that is done, that will be the best way to get to the resort.

We were here for seven nights and were not bored despite not having a car. Keep in mind our goal was to chill, so I'm not saying there is endless entertainment here. We used the indoor and outdoor pools. They have, but we did not use, a spa, a golf course, and tennis courts. That's about it in the area. There is nothing to walk to - and I mean nothing. The shuttle service is nice and the guys out front running it are friendly and responsive for the most part. Dan and Robbie deserve honorable mention for their exceptional friendliness and giving us some good tips. The shuttle will take you within 5 miles and this does include access to the train. We took the shuttle to restaurants, to mini golfing, and to a Gray Line tour pickup spot. You can't reserve the shuttle so sometimes you have to wait a bit to be taken somewhere or dropped off.

The property and rooms seemed to me to be very clean, well maintained, and up to date. I didn't see anything that was worn or obviously old-looking. I see in the notes that they are planning some refurbishment. That goes to show how good my interior decorating skills are :)

The indoor pool is nice but not huge. We were there just once because it was cool the day we arrived.

The outdoor pool was obviously where we planned to spend a great deal of time, and we were not disappointed. The pool itself was never over-full even when the resort was completely booked. We always were able to have chairs and they were great about always keeping a plethora of towels stocked. They have plenty of umbrellas for shade when needed, some tables with upright chairs, and many long chairs. The water seemed to attract bugs and plant debris, and some minor repairs are needed, but these were not major issues. They have poolside food and beverage service. Scottie who worked the pool bar deserves special mention. She went out of her way to be friendly and make us feel welcome.

We tried two of the restaurants - the Fireside Lounge and the Spotted Dog (sports bar). Neither had a great variety, and in fact the menus shared some items as did the room service menu (which we never used). They were OK but not exceptional. We mostly went to restaurants in the area though we didn't find any local non-chain gems worth highlighting.

We stayed on the 5th floor which is the club floor and I would highly recommend this as others have done. The rooms were nice. The cooling power of the a/c was a little weak vs. the Denver heat. The window shades are on an angle on the top floor and they let quite a bit of light leak through in the early morning if your room is on the east side. There is a good variety of cable channels. The wifi worked very well and was plenty fast.

One minor irritation is that there are no exhaust fans in the bathrooms. I really really don't get "nice" hotels/resorts that do this. It's not very expensive and it makes all the difference in the world. I realize some people may like being ultra-hot-muggy and having a quarter-inch of steam covering everything when you're done with a shower, but I can tell you it's very irritating to me. And you can't leave the door open when you're with your kids. Geez - put in a stupid fan!

The club lounge was like an oasis in the desert. There is breakfast each morning with one hot item along with bagels, toast, fruit, boiled eggs, juice, cereal, etc. Weekdays it's only until 9 but weekends it goes to 10:30. The hot item would rotate - sometimes pancakes and waffles which I'm indifferent to, but other times were breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, scrambled eggs with cheese - which were really good. Anytime in the lounge they have a bottled water dispenser and sometimes leftover cookies and soda. Each evening 5-7 they have a hot appetizer along with snacks and drinks. The teriyaki chicken wings are the best.

100 gold stars go to Lauren in the club lounge who became our best friend. Lauren was out-of-her-mind friendly, accommodating, engaging, welcoming, etc. She made it seem like it was her life's goal to make us feel at home. Lauren is the hotel's best asset. It was honestly difficult to tell her we were leaving. We will miss her!!!

All in all, we had a wonderful time. As stated earlier, the Inverness could have killed our vacation but it turns out it made it great, especially the staff members mentioned here. We would love to come back sometime!

Room Tip: Club Floor
Green Features: If you forego housekeeping services for a night, they will give you $5 food/resort credit.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank xGBPx
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

A nice place to call "home" when visiting the area. Comfortable accommodations and plenty of amenities to satisfy anyone. Valet parking is available though the parking lot is large enough to ensure you can just pull in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Central Business District
The Crawford Hotel
#2 of 157 in Denver
Central Business District
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Been to Hilton Denver Inverness? Share your experiences!