“Inverness Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Patton, Pennsylvania
“Inverness Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We enjoyed our four day stay at the Inverness Hotel. Excellant staff and wonderful restaurants.
Excellant shuttle service to nearby restaurants and shopping.Rooms were spaceous and very clean. Excellant coffee makers and Seattle Best coffee were another nice feature in our room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

At the last minute we decided to go spend a night at The Inverness. I wanted to check out the spa and had heard good things about the restaurants. So we booked on their website and got a great rate. We headed over a few days later and upon check in they presented me with a rate twice what I had signed up for on THEIR website. Luckily I had printed out the details and confirmation sheet and while I was waiting for my husband to retrieve this from the car the front desk girl told me they didn't have this rate as if I had dreamed this up. Not sure how I got some magical rate on THEIR website but be sure and print out your confirmation sheet as you may get upcharged upon arrival if you don't have it. That was a bit unpleasant but they quickly changed it once they saw the sheet and we were on our way to our room. I had mentioned it was an anniversary celebration and we were enjoying some time away from our children. That didn't do much good as we walked into our small room with a queen sized bed which felt more like a double. I wasn't expecting chocolate dipped strawberries but I was expecting a king sized bed with a decent view (It does say King or Queen on the website description so plan on a Queen/Double). Strike two. The room was definitely dated and had nothing to entice me to stay in it. The bathroom had good counter space and it was handy to have the extra mirror above the coffee maker so one of us could be getting ready there at the same time, other than that it was your typical hotel room with a grand view of IKEA (Their so called Mountain view). We immediately went down to the bar (which may be their tactic) and had some food and drinks. After our not so great start the food and drinks were great so we were able to reset our expectations. We enjoyed the hot tub, indoor and outdoor pool and an afternoon at the spa. None of the facilities were grand in any way, all the pools and hot tubs could use a good scrubbing but still provided a nice getaway for the price we paid. The Pina Colada was great at the outdoor pool. The best part was the breakfast buffet which was really terrific! The omelet was so good and we will be back to eat in the restaurants for sure, maybe the hotel if they offer the magical rate again.

One thing that I noticed that was severly lacking was the absence of water. Staying at the Marriott they always have infused water in the lobby and dispensers near the pool. Not only was there not a water dispenser I never did find a water fountain. With all the talk of being a green hotel I was saddened to see that there was no effort to provide refillable water stations leaving hotel guests with the only choice but to buy bottled water or fill up amongst toilets flushing in the bathroom sink. There should definitely be cold water near the hot tub. We got in and realized the only place to get a cold drink was in the bathroom sink which was not very cold. If you are listing yourself as a hotel and spa with a green emphasis I would think basic things like water dispensers would be available to your guests. It just felt wrong to be on vacation and having to stand in the bathroom dripping, out of the hot tub, filling up my water bottle with lukewarm water. :(

The shuttle was handy and the staff was generally friendly and accommodating so big thumbs up for that.

All in all the food and most of the service was five stars and the hotel was three stars so I gave it four stars but definitely a weak rounded up four stars. A little scrubbing, a couple water dispensers and providing a decent view for guests celebrating a special occasion would knock this up quickly to a solid four stars.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I live 10 min away from the hotel but I decided to go to the spa for some birthday pampering. Karen and Shannon were amazing! I saw Karen for my 50min massage and Shannon for my express facial. Both were well worth the money and left me feeling so pampered and relaxed.

Karen was the perfect masseuse. She offered upgraded items before we started (but wasn't pushy) and talked through what I was looking for. She guided me through the process and overall was thorough and just amazing! My express facial with Shannon was also fabulous. She was well informed about skin types, products, and made great recommendations for me. Even though it was “express” it was just enough for what I was looking for!

The spa itself is very nice and calming. The locker rooms were clean and had fun little oils and scrubs you could use. I loved the robes and flip-flops to wear as well. The waiting room for your services was calming with an outdoor hot tub and comfy chairs with fruit infused water. It really put me in the mood before my services. I cannot wait to come back!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DaveLarson, Director of Operations at Inverness Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our talented spa associates, Karen and Shannon. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. I am so pleased to read how enjoyable and relaxing your spa experience was. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to The Spa at the Inverness very soon.
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This expansive resort was undergoing some roof work when we stayed. I would check to avoid those areas.

The resort is aging, but offered a relaxing stay. I would recommend the Concierge Floor for the free breakfast, snack, and wine and beer. The attendant could have been more helpful and cleaned up instead of watching TV on all three of the days I stayed.

The remaining staff was excellent. We had a conference there and they were on top of every detail. The daily lunch buffet for the groups was outstanding, something for everyone.

Enjoyed a delicious aged steak and a reasonably price good CA Cab at the bar ( the restaurant was closed for a private party).

The resort looks best at night. With spotlights lighting the interior and soaring ceilings, I would not rate this in my top 10 resorts, but it was a relaxing conference.

Room Tip: The fifth floor window views with the curved windows were the best rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Inverness Hotel in Englewood, outside Denver. What a great location for a wedding. From making reservations to restaurants and lovely rooms this hotel was perfect.
When making reservations we requested adjoining rooms and a crib since we were traveling with an infant. Our rooms were perfect and was close to a little sitting alcove out in the hallway we could use to meet and visit or eat a meal.

Our room was always cleaned and well stocked with towels, soap, etc. I never saw the maid except in the hall but she did a good job keeping us happy.

We had a beer and snack at the Spotted Dog, brunch buffet in the main dining room and a special dinner in Baca. All these restaurants offered lots of choices and everything I had was delicious.

We were able to walk to local restaurants for a special family meal but the hotel offered shuttle service if we had desired.

We were staying here for our niece's wedding which was held at the hotel. It appeared to be a class act with the hotel wedding services taking good care of the bride and groom. The food served at the wedding was some of the best I have had at a wedding as was the cake.

I highly recommend this hotel when traveling in the Denver area.

Room Tip: One side is mountains and the other side is a golf course. Pick your view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Really nice facility if you have deep pockets or using expense account. Beautiful location and very helpful staff. Restaurant breakfast buffet was tasty but at seventeen dollars a person , I found it a bit pricey for breakfast food. Bell staff holds the baggage carts hostage and will not allow guest to use them on their own. Recommend hotel provide a discount to hotel guests for Breakfast Buffet and guests should be allowed to use baggage carts withou having to obligate themselves to bell staff tipping.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fairfax County, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I like not having to worry about service when I go on vacation and Inverness delivers. The place is clean and the people are friendly and helpful. I liked the pool, the variety of places to eat and its close to the lite rail. They have a shuttle you can use to take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius.

Room Tip: Good wifi speed no extra charge
Green Features: room service and sheet replacement at your discretion to keep green
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Downtown
Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
Cherry Creek
No photo provided

Been to Inverness Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!