“Large hotel with nice accommodations”

Hilton Denver Inverness
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I recently stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is lovely and large. About 35 min from Denver airport. Right upon entering, you can see that the staff is very pleasant & accommodating.

Nice seating areas in lobby and actually on the floors as well. Bar had great wait staff and a welcoming and warm feel, complete with fireplace.

Rooms are average - clean and spacious, but lacking in outlets anywhere but near the desk. Green program which offers a $5 incentive, which was nice.

Overall, good location and would return.

Room Tip: Rooms can be quite a hike down the hall, so if walking is a problem, ask for room close to elevator
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
DaveLarson, Director of Operations at Hilton Denver Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Inverness Hotel. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff, comfortable accommodations and inviting amenities. It is a true pleasure to be a memorable part of your trip to Denver and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in July of 2012 and it was an amazing hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and my wife and I arrived on our flight around 1130 am and check in wasn't until 4:00 pm. The front desk staff did not give us an issue and checked us in immediately. The rooms were very nice and I had a nice view of the Rockies. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here two nights to attend my nephew's wedding. The hotel is nice enough but the rooms feel a little dated and in need of freshening up. The bed was really comfortable and the bath towels were thick and plush. The grounds are lovely, although all I could see from my second floor room was a sliver of the golf course and mostly a rooftop. It seemed odd that since a block of rooms had been reserved for the wedding guests we were spread out over several floors. It didn't make socializing very easy, especially when the elevators are possibly the slowest I've ever used. I would have rated this hotel higher if the staff had been more friendly. I got the feeling that since this hotel caters to the convention/wedding crowd they don't care about encouraging return guests. Other than the bartender, whose name I wish I remembered so I could commend her, no one seemed like they really cared about the guests. Two employees were downright rude. My sister and I sat at a table at the pool, which was not busy at all, while the server did her best to avoid eye contact with us. After several minutes she walked by our table without acknowledging us. I had to call out to her to have her take our order. Then later at the wedding reception the bartender acted like it was a huge inconvenience to pour a drink. I'm sure they deal with a lot of difficult people but we were pleasant and friendly so we didn't appreciate the attitudes. I didn't have time to explore the surrounding area so I don't know what all there is to do and see, but this hotel is located far from downtown Denver. Unless you are here for a wedding or convention I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank happygirlSoCal

I am very sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations during your visit. This is certainly not indicative of the level of service that The Inverness typically provides and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our hotel grounds and the comfort of our guest rooms. If we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future, I am confident that we will be able to provide the level of service that you would expect from our facility.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent six nights at the Inverness and found it to be comfortable, very clean with exceptional service. Every staff member we encountered were very friendly and helpful particularly the staff at the Spotted Dog (bar at the lower level). Breakfast in the restaurant was delish! The grounds we well cared for and the golf course was reportedly in great condition.

The Inverness is close to shopping, and restaurants. A shuttle is available from the hotel to anywhere within 5 miles.
I would have appreciated a coffee shop on site.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It is a true pleasure to read your recognition of our exceptional staff and service. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy our restaurants, hotel amenities and the convenience of shopping just a short distance from our facility. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We enjoyed our four day stay at the Inverness Hotel. Excellant staff and wonderful restaurants.
Excellant shuttle service to nearby restaurants and shopping.Rooms were spaceous and very clean. Excellant coffee makers and Seattle Best coffee were another nice feature in our room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

At the last minute we decided to go spend a night at The Inverness. I wanted to check out the spa and had heard good things about the restaurants. So we booked on their website and got a great rate. We headed over a few days later and upon check in they presented me with a rate twice what I had signed up for on THEIR website. Luckily I had printed out the details and confirmation sheet and while I was waiting for my husband to retrieve this from the car the front desk girl told me they didn't have this rate as if I had dreamed this up. Not sure how I got some magical rate on THEIR website but be sure and print out your confirmation sheet as you may get upcharged upon arrival if you don't have it. That was a bit unpleasant but they quickly changed it once they saw the sheet and we were on our way to our room. I had mentioned it was an anniversary celebration and we were enjoying some time away from our children. That didn't do much good as we walked into our small room with a queen sized bed which felt more like a double. I wasn't expecting chocolate dipped strawberries but I was expecting a king sized bed with a decent view (It does say King or Queen on the website description so plan on a Queen/Double). Strike two. The room was definitely dated and had nothing to entice me to stay in it. The bathroom had good counter space and it was handy to have the extra mirror above the coffee maker so one of us could be getting ready there at the same time, other than that it was your typical hotel room with a grand view of IKEA (Their so called Mountain view). We immediately went down to the bar (which may be their tactic) and had some food and drinks. After our not so great start the food and drinks were great so we were able to reset our expectations. We enjoyed the hot tub, indoor and outdoor pool and an afternoon at the spa. None of the facilities were grand in any way, all the pools and hot tubs could use a good scrubbing but still provided a nice getaway for the price we paid. The Pina Colada was great at the outdoor pool. The best part was the breakfast buffet which was really terrific! The omelet was so good and we will be back to eat in the restaurants for sure, maybe the hotel if they offer the magical rate again.

One thing that I noticed that was severly lacking was the absence of water. Staying at the Marriott they always have infused water in the lobby and dispensers near the pool. Not only was there not a water dispenser I never did find a water fountain. With all the talk of being a green hotel I was saddened to see that there was no effort to provide refillable water stations leaving hotel guests with the only choice but to buy bottled water or fill up amongst toilets flushing in the bathroom sink. There should definitely be cold water near the hot tub. We got in and realized the only place to get a cold drink was in the bathroom sink which was not very cold. If you are listing yourself as a hotel and spa with a green emphasis I would think basic things like water dispensers would be available to your guests. It just felt wrong to be on vacation and having to stand in the bathroom dripping, out of the hot tub, filling up my water bottle with lukewarm water. :(

The shuttle was handy and the staff was generally friendly and accommodating so big thumbs up for that.

All in all the food and most of the service was five stars and the hotel was three stars so I gave it four stars but definitely a weak rounded up four stars. A little scrubbing, a couple water dispensers and providing a decent view for guests celebrating a special occasion would knock this up quickly to a solid four stars.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I live 10 min away from the hotel but I decided to go to the spa for some birthday pampering. Karen and Shannon were amazing! I saw Karen for my 50min massage and Shannon for my express facial. Both were well worth the money and left me feeling so pampered and relaxed.

Karen was the perfect masseuse. She offered upgraded items before we started (but wasn't pushy) and talked through what I was looking for. She guided me through the process and overall was thorough and just amazing! My express facial with Shannon was also fabulous. She was well informed about skin types, products, and made great recommendations for me. Even though it was “express” it was just enough for what I was looking for!

The spa itself is very nice and calming. The locker rooms were clean and had fun little oils and scrubs you could use. I loved the robes and flip-flops to wear as well. The waiting room for your services was calming with an outdoor hot tub and comfy chairs with fruit infused water. It really put me in the mood before my services. I cannot wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our talented spa associates, Karen and Shannon. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. I am so pleased to read how enjoyable and relaxing your spa experience was. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to The Spa at the Inverness very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center

Been to Hilton Denver Inverness? Share your experiences!