“Worst service ever”

Ranked #8 of 9 Evergreen B&B and Inns
Evergreen, Colorado
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Valentines day, reservations for 7 pm, get there, some problem, three couples come in the door after us and get seated? Three couples from the bar get seated, 20 minutes later, after no one bothers to speak with us, we decide to leave. No one asks us anything and they don't call to apologize. I guess we won't ever go back, even though it is only a 1/2 mile away!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kyle P

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Each time I visit Evergreen I make a point to visit the Brook Forest Inn. A beautiful venue for weddings, a special treat for Sunday brunch complete with eggs benedict and champagne mimosas and a great place to ring in the new year. I spent a wonderful evening with friends on New Year's Eve in Chandeliers Restaurant dining on a four-course dinner of escargo, steak, lobster, and bananas foster - it was superb. The inn is beautiful, the rooms unique and comfortable and I'll return again and again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place is amazing! I've visited the Brook Forest Inn numerous times and I've never been disappointed.

The service is superb! Each and every employee you meet is helpful and friendly. It's obvious that they are happy to work there.

I have not had dinner in "Chandeliers" yet, but I have had their pizza and it's really, really good! It's our favorite pizza in Evergreen.

I have rented a room a few different times and I loved all the rooms! Each room has a different "theme" and they are all clean and comfortable.

The atmosphere of this place is the best part! I love it in all seasons. In the colder months, it's cozy to sit next to one of the fireplaces and enjoy a drink and food. In the summer, I love to sit outside next to the brook and enjoy my food and drink.

Room Tip: My favorite room is the "Royale" (it has a king size bed, jacuzzi and a private terrace th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We recently came into town and stayed one night here for a wedding. The room seemed dingy. If you like it dark, you may have trouble sleeping. There wasn't a shade on our room's window and a nearby light shining outside required me to hang one of the blankets off of the curtain rod. "Breakfast" is simply cereal, toast, yogurt, and fruit. There are other choices of beds and breakfasts in Evergreen. You would do better to stay in one of them.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Family366

Travellers are raving about these Evergreen hotels

Fort Lupton, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Sometime last Fall we came to the Brook Forest Inn to take a look at the facilities as a possible place for our family and guests to enjoy after our daughter’s wedding at the Lake House. We loved it. The staff took great care of us we had a wonderful breakfast in your restaurant. We toured the Inn and were promised several things

• The bridal couple would have a welcome gift of champagne and roses. Therefore the bridesmaids did not do anything to their room.
• If we had more than 5 rooms, there would be a sizeable discount
• And we would have the option of continental breakfast provided, or we could order a hot breakfast in the restaurant.

All of these things we promoted to all of our wedding guests, sending out postcards with the information about the Inn. Everyone was so excited. Imagine my dismay when I started to call approximately 2 weeks before the wedding, on a daily basis, sometimes leaving messages and sometimes not. There were no return calls, even though I had personally spoken to Jon over a week before the wedding. By the Wednesday before, I was in a panic. Finally after getting angry, Laurie answered the phone and told me that Annie or Jon were who I really needed to talk to. Sitting in the airport picking up wedding guests, I finally got a hold of Annie and this is when I found out the the sizeable discount was a measly 10% after we booked 12 rooms.

It was way too late to change the reservations, so we went ahead, even though I asked for the bridal couple to get their champagne, but I was told they were staying in the wrong room and that it would cost an extra $50.

2 of our guests had their rooms dropped even though we had confirmations on them. One of these we did not discover until the night before the wedding. Thankfully this was honored as an upgrade.

The rest is what we encountered when we came in to check-in:

• Hot breakfast is now only a Sunday brunch, so the continental breakfast would have to work. The coffee and orange juice ran out several times. We were told that the person manning the breakfast was on a cigarette break.
• One of our guests was not even given the 10% discount. This was solved.
• My brother’s room had a toilet that did not flush.
• My son’s room had a shower that did not work.
• My daughter and new son-in-law were greeted at the desk by someone, who said that 2 rooms must be paid for immediately, although we had solved this issue that afternoon as several guests were not checking in until late. So instead of congratulations, they were accosted. Both of them lost their tempers, for which I am sorry, but I understand why. This was supposed to be their day, and they were as shocked as my husband and I after we had be treat so well before, and now, well what can I say.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Andi T
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We were just looking for a place to get away for the weekend and had a great time staying at the Brook Forest Inn. The staff was most welcoming and helpful, and the architecture was fascinating. Dinner that night was spectacular--way above our expectations, and we will make a special trip back some Wednesday evening just to try their prime rib dinner!

Altogether, it made for a great getaway, and we will do it again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MandD_4_39years
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We booked a night here sometime ago while visiting town for a wedding. The website painted it as a quaint sort of b&b, but only upon checking in were we told that there would be a rock band playing and "they do not give refunds for noise complaints." Clearly a recurring problem.
Well... the band sounded like they were playing inside the room until after 2am. Drunk kids were roaming the halls and trying to get into rooms (actually kind of scary). Screaming and yelling until closer to 3am. It was a terrible night. In the morning we received no sympathy and then were offered a discount on our next stay.
Don't ever stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mike s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evergreen
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
Colorado Bear Creek Cabins
Colorado Bear Creek Cabins
#1 of 3 in Evergreen

Been to Brook Forest Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!