“Colorado Mountain High”

Platte Ranch Riding Stables
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Fairplay
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great ride, great horses, great scenery and the guides were extremely helpful & insightful through out the ride. The mountains in the distance were very impressive including the young bull elks we saw on the ride,. Our group was a mixture of experience and the guides were able to make everyone feel comfortable and make everyone happy with their experience and everyone was able to stay in the saddle. Seeing a stagecoach stop was a kick as well! Very impressed with their concept of blazing your own trail within the group ride and not just follow in a long single line. Great experience for all ages!

1  Thank JeffB769

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I met some good people who rode. The owner and guides were fun and very conscious of taking good care of the riders. I highly recommend this stable.

1  Thank Bette S
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Me and my family had a great time riding. Alphabet and tigger were amazing tour guides. The veiw was beautiful. I love how they gave us the change to either trot or lop. I learned a lot on the ride. Thank you for an amazing time. We will have to try to come again.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband, grown son and I went on the half day ride at Platte Ranch. We each were at different level of experience riding. Our warm and friendly guide (Alphabet) took us through a stunning expansive ranch with 360 degree views with well cared for horses. Everything went far beyond our expectations. She encouraged us to break out and ride. We finished feeling exhilarated and amazed at what we had been allowed to do with these horses. At one point our guide had us on a high ridge and she pointed out the ranch in the far distance. We were astounded at how far we had traveled and that was just midway into the ride! This is a great ranch offering the real deal!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have visited the Platt Ranch three times over the last 7 years and every time we have been thrilled with the experience.