“Horsein' Around and Four-Wheeling Fun!”

American Safari Ranch
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Fairplay
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We scheduled a 2-hour horseback and 1-hour ATV ride in the morning. Started with the horseback ride, we were 3-experienced lady riders. The horses were well taken care of and pleasant to ride. This was a very authentic ride across the beautiful wide open views of Colorado. Not your typical nose-to-tail trail ride. Our trail master was Cody, a real cowboy! We saw lots of wildlife, coyote, antelope, prairie dogs and their resident Alpaca. After the horse ride, we changed into our ATV attire. So glad we thought to do this as we rode through streams and water on the ranch. Matt was our ATV guide and took us on an adventurous ride across the ranch. My GO PRO camera was attached to my helmet, worked great!! After the ride, we were fed a bite of lunch, sausage and homemade potato salad. Overall, a great day, great fun, highly recommend. Facilities are simple but the fun was large!!

All reviews
"great wranglers"
"great ride"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Very authentic and very friendly staff.It was an experience that I will never forget. Cant wait to come back!! The horse ride was beautiful and the horses were very well trained. I couldnt ask for a better day or a better ranch.

1  Thank nparent0207
Reviewed 13 August 2013

DO NOT CALL this place. this owner is rude and will not answer your questions. He will yell at you and degrade you. At the end he will tell you to go book elsewhere. call at your own risk!

6  Thank c m
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After reading many reviews, I choose this place because I was an avid rider, and I wanted my wife of 10 years to experience what it is like to ride if you were riding your own horse. Our guide Nick made that happen. He let us lead the way, as he followed, and he seemed to enjoy the ride as much as we did. I couldn't have asked for a better experience on a trail ride, and if it were me I would ask for the 3 our ride. This was much worth the extra money.

1  Thank Justen H
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Our family took the ATV Tour and Horseback Riding between two different days. Both were the highlight of our trip. The mountains are fun to visit during the summer months as we could escape the heat of Dallas. We hiked Mt Quandry the day before, took a half day raft trip in Buena Vista, but the ATV trip was far more enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing the Aspen Trees change colors in September, the ATV will allow us to cover a great distance, and take great photos.