“Real Horseback Riding”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Real Horseback Riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

A beautiful drive from Breckenridge. Took my 12 year old granddaughter who had only been on a horse once and that was a boring "nose to tail" trail ride. The first day a storm rolled in after about 20 minutes on the horses. We had to return to the stables but we were told to come back the following morning. They took us on a full two hour ride .My granddaughter learned to actually handle a horse, not just sit on one.
From the time we arrived until the time we left, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The entire staff is very knowledgeable. They make sure you have a horse that matches your skill level. Our guide even taught us about aspen trees providing sunscreen. You can tell everyone here loves what they do. I forgot my camera and our guide, a lovely girl from Bath, England, took some pictures and posted them on Facebook.
The owner gave us the history of the ranch. It was homesteaded by two brothers. It is quite obvious that he and his staff love what they do.
After our ride we were provided a tasty lunch that was included in the price of $65.We ate in a dining hall that was reminiscent of an old western set. Well worth every penny. We will return!

2 Thank Navion5150

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Great for kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I took my two young children for their first horseback riding experience and they loved it! Most importantly though, they were safe! The staff did a wonderful job teaching the kids and talking to them before and during the ride to ensure safety. We also had a private ride with just our family which is so nice since most trail rides are filled with 8 + riders. It was also my first time riding without a single file line, so refreshing and enjoyable to ride the horses in a more natural environment. The ranch itself is also great, a nice getaway and with lunch included, we had a great day getaway to the mountains. My kids did not want to leave and are already asking when we can go back!

Breckenridge, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good Times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was a very fun experience. We were a little disappointed at first because we didn't know it was a guided trip. We are pretty experienced and wanted to go off on our own but it turned out to be fun anyway. Our guide, didn't catch her name but she had an English accent (I think), was very friendly and knowledgeable. The trip came with a free lunch but it wasn't very good. We will be back for sure.

1 Thank J J
Baltimore
“The best part of our trip!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

It is so hard to find a place to ride horses that isn't a "nose to tail" trail ride!! This place was so worth it!!!! Beautiful scenery, friendly staff, and amazingly well trained horses! We had a large group of 11 and the majority of the riders were beginners. The staff was very good about matching the riders with the appropriate horse. I am an experienced rider and was given a Paso Fino horse named Margarita that was the best horse I have ever ridden!!! Although I would have loved to "take off" and feel the wind in my hair (and I know Margarita was ready), I kept a slower pace to keep it safe for the beginners. So awesome!!!

Morrison
“Wonderful Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We would definitely recommend the horseback riding at American Safari Ranch. We are experienced riders but currently only have 1 horse at home so we cannot ride together. We went here for our daughters 13th birthday because for her birthday she wanted our family to all be able to ride together on a trail. We were assigned our own guide since we had lots of horse experience and were allowed to trot and lope our horses when the terrain allowed for it. We had so much fun riding side by side instead of nose to tail and it was nice to be able to ride to our experience level. We even got to walk through a creek. This was the best horseback rental experience we have had and we will be coming back, it’s so much better than the boring follow the leader at a slow walk type rides every other place offers. The ranch hand that provided us the horses could use a little more customer service training but I am sure they are used to people with no experience coming to ride so have to be a little tougher on you. Our guide however was awesome she made it so much fun. The free lunch was a bonus also!