“Construction Worker Heaven”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Firestone
Denver, Colorado
“Construction Worker Heaven”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Most of the tenants here are construction workers. I have nothing against them but they stay up late drinking and get up early. I had a neighbor that body slammed the door until 1AM. Then when he left for work at 7AM it started again. Dont expect to get much sleep here. The walls were shaking everytime he body slammed the door. Ear plugs were of no use. Contacting management made no difference except that he got even louder. The doors have no padding and they sound like a gun going off when they are slammed. You'd think they'd post signs reminding people to be considerate and at least spend a few cents on standard padding on the door jams. Each day I went on job interviews I was half asleep. If I had been doing the same drugs the construction workers were doing I probably could have dealt with the small amount of sleep and party atmosphere. But then I could not pass drug tests for any decent jobs I applied for. The second night I took out the trash and I could smell marijuana coming out of a window above and someone coughing. If you're a construction worker this place is for you otherwise I would not recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank net1tek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2011

The management staff is the greatest in the world. They would give the shirt off their back if they had too. The rooms are the cleaniest ever. I have stayed in other Value Places and they were dirty and I will never stay there again. The maintence was great when I needed him. He came and fixed my issue right away. The secuirty officer is great too. He does anything for the guests too.

I will be bringing my family back to stay. I was alone this time. This is the safest hotel in town. I was locked in and no scared at all.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My husband and I were visiting relatives in the area over Christmas. They had previously visited the hotel and took a tour of the facilities and found a clean and safe place that they recommonded to us. At first we were skeptical because it seems so affordable we were worried that maybe it was run down, however, when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised about the friendliness from the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and property, and the fact that the hotel was secured. There's even a full kitchen in each room which saved us money when we weren't eating with family. Overall, we had an excellenct stay here and we are coming back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
vidalia, la
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I had reservations to stay in this hotel. I took one look at the room and went to another hotel. The room had an odor, carpet was old & horrible, bedding was old & disgusting. When we went to check in we stepped in to a hallway & had to call on a phone for someone to come lift up a rolling metal window to check us in, then had to wait two days to see if they credited my credit card. Please be advised this is not a place you want your family to stay. Yes its cheap, but believe me you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank westerntraveler10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firestone
Comfort Suites Longmont
Candlewood Suites Longmont
Candlewood Suites Longmont
#7 of 14 in Longmont
Wingate by Wyndham Loveland Johnstown

Been to WoodSpring Suites Firestone? Share your experiences!