“Great that it's new but the smoking convention at the door sucks”

Comfort Suites Longmont
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Firestone
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It was incessant, and ranged from three to as many as 15 people - the smoking convention that was allowed all hours of the day and night at the front door made for a miserable coming and going. Shame on Comfort Suites for not posting and enforcing a CO-free zone (as in carbon monoxide - pun intended on being in Colorado). It's pretty new and therefore pretty nice (for a limited service hotel), for now. It comes up for Longmont, but it's no where near Longmont at all. It's 20 minute drive away!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 August 2013

From the first call to try to arrive early from Farmington, NM to get to a funeral, to the initial check in, was horrible. We had a 8 hour trip and arrived to be greeted by he most rudest host. I don't know if he was having a bad day or if he just dislikes his job. He even threw my room keys on the counter at me, didn't direct us to our rooms, wouldn't accommodate our rooms to be next to each other, wouldn't even acknowledge me. No eye contact at all. Was just RUDE, RUDE, RUDE. Pool was super small and very dangerous. Was slippery all around. Noticed to older guests that had slipped twice. Would not recommend to stay here

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Hidden away a short distance off the main drag and I-25 is this surprising property. It's not high end, but a great value and was perfect for our one night stay while traveling. It looks and feels new with every area nicely decorated and clean. The rooms are quite, spacious and well-designed with large baths, comfy beds and amenities at a higher level than competing hotels in this price range. The free breakfast buffet has a wide array of menu items to satisfy every taste and begins at 5AM for those who want to get the day started early. Despite the comments of other reviewers, our experience with the staff was satisfactory. So, all in all this hotel offered more than expected at great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The room was very nice, clean and spacious.Very quiet also, never heard a noise from other guests.The staff (excluding housekeeping) were NOT friendly or helpfull at all. Checked in without one word said by the front desk, no directions to room, nothing. Later that night we needed more shampoo and had to wait 5 mins for the front desk girl to finish up a personal call, she then seemed annoyed that i had waited. If you're looking for a hotel with a great indoor pool... keep looking, the pool here was GREEN, and SLIMY on the bottom, got in and got right back out. The exercise equipment in the fitness room were pretty good. The breakfast ended at 9am every morning so if your on vacation and want to sleep in like we did you might not make it. Doesn't seem to be a family friendly hotel. If you're traveling on buisness and just want a quiet room it is a good place. Although for the price you would expect quality amenities along with the great room. If friendly customer service was applied and the pool was scrubbed I would like this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor tall ceilings
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travel121406
Reviewed 15 November 2012

On a recent 10 day trip through the Rockies, my wife and I stayed at several different hotels. This was one of them. Check in was pretty rough because they couldn't find my reservation and I couldn't find the confirmation #. (After the fact, I found the confirmation email in my junk mail. I take full responsibility for this error.) The girl working the front desk had her boy friend behind the counter with her and she was in a hurry to get me checked in so she could get back to him. My concern was paying for a room and then being charged for the already confirmed room. Apparently it all worked out fine because I was only charged for one room on my credit card.
Now, about the room itself. It was a standard sized hotel room with a small love seat, chair and ottoman crammed into that space. (Along with the typical desk, desk chair, mini-fridge and microwave cabinet.) It has a very small piece of wood separating the bed from the other furniture - thus making it a suite? You can't fool me. It was still a standard room.
The carpet had several small holes in it about the size of a penny. Don't know what or why.
The bed was comfortable. Not real firm, but not too soft either. In the king room there were probably 5 or 6 pillows and they were all hard as a rock.
Breakfast was pretty standard. Biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, pastries, waffles, juices and coffee. It was good, but nothing outstanding.
There are several quick food places around and a Starbucks just across the street.
Over all I'm not sure I would stay here again. There are several other hotels in the area that I would try next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

There's not much top range all round this area but this motel filled the bill with comfortable rooms. Our king room had a settee, easy chair and desk and table. There's a hot b/fast and 3 guest computers. Reception was good. Eating is probably best in town. If you want to literally just "pop over the road" it will be a Mexican quick service cafe style eating place. Good food if its burritos and fajitas you like.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is a good spot between the northern Colorado areas, and is right off the highway. A pleasant staff, good breakfast choices and spacious rooms. There was always a smell of cleaners, but I'd rather that than others. A gal from housekeeping definitley stood out, saw me struggling with luggage and keys and helped me get into my room. So nice! Will stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: They do pay attention to extra requests when making reservations. Gave me extra pillows and far from...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Firestone
Best Western Firestone Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel
0 mi away
WoodSpring Suites Firestone
Super 8 Longmont/Twin Peaks
Super 8 Longmont/Del Camino

Been to Comfort Suites Longmont? Share your experiences!