“Really nice rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Firestone
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Really nice rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

As far as I can tell this is the only pet friendly hotel in Firestone. Because it is a bit on the pricey side I avoided it on my way through town the first time around, but decided to give it a shot on my way back. Yes, it's pricey, but it's totally worth it. The staff was friendly, the room was extremely spacious & comfortable and there was a small grassy area set up right out the back door for the dogs. There wasn't a garbage can to put the dog's waste in, but there was a dumpster nearby. Despite the price I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a decent hotel. Beds are comfortable enough.
The hallways usually have a vague unpleasant smell that intensifies in the stairwells to a sewage/raw trash smell. Odd.
The TVs are mounted to the wall. The mounting bracket makes it impossible to plug a computer into the back of the TV so you're stuck to watching whatever is on the network.
Not much nearby--Longmont is 10-20 minutes to the west off of the highway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colcord, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband & I were traveling on vacation & did not have a reservation. There was a handicap room available & with our military discount it was a very nice room for the price. Room was clean & spacious. The beds are so comfortable!! Front staff was very friendly & the breakfast was delicious. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Great Falls, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this property in May, and my son inadvertently left his wallet behind. Management contacted us, and I provided my Fedex account number so that they could ship it back to us. We followed up after a week...they assured us that it had been sent to us via Fedex. We did finally receive a package from them...property belonging to a different guest...and we learned that they had mixed up two outgoing Fedex packages, and sent my son's wallet to the other guest. I am just stunned that they could have been so negligent. It's been three weeks, and this issue still has not been resolved. I'm incredibly frustrated with this whole experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BigSkyBison
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very nice hotel for price! I would definitely stay there again if I visit Longmont or the Denver area. The staff was great and the rooms were very clean. It was the only hotel that allowed pets and had truck parking. Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ORD-NYC-BKK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've stayed here twice and thought it was a nice place but the third time my wife and I had a run in with the owner. He was helping someone with a trailer park and I thought they were together. I took 4 spaces and asked if he needed me to move so the other guy could get through and he started yelling at me telling me, "You park no good".... So I thought forget about this weirdo and checked in. When we went out to get our bags he came up to us and I told him to leave us alone but he kept complaining so my wife started yelling at him. He asked what room we're in and said that we'd have to leave. Oh great, he's the owner. We're getting kicked out, I didn't care at that point. I was too angry to stay there. I'll never go back. This was 9 months ago but I still can't forget it. The guy should not be in the service industry. And maybe they might want to stop advertising truck parking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ladida68
Middleton, Idaho, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had to stay at this location because they are the only hotel that accepted pets (for a $25 PER NIGHT fee). I was VERY upset to learn it was PER NIGHT as I was told when booking, it was a one time fee...we racked up $225 just in pet fees! -They ask that you pick of your pet waist (which is a given for us) but there weren't any bags to do so or a trash can to put it in...
Be sure to book in advance as they reserve about 43 rooms just for the gas workers there that have a booking of 6 months at this hotel. Because of this business, they aren't willing to come down on pricing much...not even for people like us who were there 2 1/2 weeks. Breakfast is one of the worst we've had and we're in hotels about 50% of the year...and for the price of this hotel, that was VERY disappointing. Our room was nice with high vaulted ceilings but all the furnishings (dresser/fridge) were busted up. I guess just be aware that you'll be paying a higher price, they DO accept pets, and breakfast is terrible...We will be finding a new hotel to stay at next time we're in Firestone working.

Room Tip: The only food options in Firestone are fast food joints. For an actual sit-down dinner, you'll h...