“A Gem of a Motel”
Review of Riviera Motel/Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Florence
Riviera Motel/Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I first stayed at the Riviera in February 2014 while visiting my dad at McCandless VA Home. I liked the location and management so much that upon my return to Florence in May 2014 I stayed at the Riviera for about three weeks while relocating another family member to the area. Again, it was a great experience--very clean with easy access to the room and a laundry room in good repair. The owner, ever youthful, helped us in every way with our move while keeping a clean and quiet motel. This classic American motel is meticulously cared for and perfectly located in downtown Florence for a quick walk to breakfast and a day of antiquing. This is the place to stay while in Florence, Colorado. It is a hidden gem in a historic town that is surrounded by beautiful scenery and filled with very nice people.

Room Tip: Rooms 116 & 117 are very spacious and have just been remodeled.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been at this motel five times in the past few years. I have come to develop a close bond with the owner, an elderly Polish lady who will make every effort to provide you with a comfortable stay. In fact, I left a prayer rug at her motel and came back almost a year later to find her toting my rug! I have come here in the winter and the summer. If you get here in December like I did, you may want to call the motel ahead of time and have them turn the heat on for you. It takes a bit of time to get the place warm during a brutal Colorado snowy day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Riviera Inn while visiting the area. The room I stayed in looked recently updated. The motel is clean and the owner took care of my check in. I liked the personal touch and would stay here again. I liked that there were antique shops and dining just a couple of blocks away so I didn't have to drive. After my stay, I felt like I got my money's worth.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I got a great room for the price, the stay was very pleasant and comfortable. The rooms where very clean well kept.The keeper/owner of the motel is very nice lady that will help you out with anything you need. me and my wife loved the rooms

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have stayed in a quite few motels in my day, being in the military. The Riviera is a small place that is definitely worth the price. It is exceptionally clean, quiet, and the folks that run the place are very nice. I would recommend this over any of the hotels I have stayed at in Fremont county, including some of the name brand ones in Canon City that cost twice as much.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I come from out of state as well and I've now been back four times. I wouldn't go anywhere else unless I had to. It's low price and great service doesn't compare to those in the area. It's older and not as updated as the rest, but you're also not paying the price for the all the "new." It's walking distance from stores and restaurants and most of all, it a homey family feeling place. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I got a great room for the price, the stay was very pleasant and comfortable. The rooms where very clean and well kept.The keeper/owner of the motel is very nice lady that will help you out with anything you need. I like the place and would recommend it to anyone that needs to stay in the area.

Room Tip: ask for the best available
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Been to Riviera Motel/Inn? Share your experiences!