“Facilities are adequate; management is amazing!!”

Super 8 Florence Canon City A
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The facilities are average for a Super 8 - nothing offensive, nothing amazing, but that's what you pay your (less) money for, right? Clean, convenient, and adequate. The staff, however, was amazing - I can't remember the last time I had such personable, friendly care at a motel. I had an issue with an Orbitz booking - and the management (a great couple) invested an hour of their time getting it cleared up in my favor, then followed up by making sure my Wyndham points were added to my account, even though I could no longer tell them which last name or address I had at the time I signed up (divorce, remarriage, etc.). Just above and beyond customer service from every respect. I stayed at the Florence Super 8 because by driving 15 minutes beyond Canon City I could save $30 on the night's stay. I got much more of a bargain than I had planned on. My thanks to these wonderful folks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room was a dated but it seemed clean enough. The AC worked really well, it was a newer unit that had digital controls. The sink area was very small and there was barely room to lay out essential toiletries. The bed slept OK but I recommend you bring your own pillows. The view from the room was great - we had an unobstructed view of the fields and mountains to the west. Unfortunately, one side of the window was very dirty so we pulled the curtains over that area so it would not ruin the view. The room had a microwave and refrigerator that was appreciated. One particularly vexing matter: you can’t access the ice machine from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. The ice machine is in the lobby area and that area is closed during the night as the front desk is not manned. You are not allowed into this area once the doors have been closed and there are no options. There is no opportunity to grab a quick cup of coffee if you leave before 7:00 a.m. when the doors are unlocked. Also the coffee was very, very weak - it appeared the owners were trying to save money by using less coffee. Breakfast was also a disappointment - no yogurt, peanut butter or hard boiled eggs. We were told at check in that “protein” was available at breakfast and I now know that they were referring to the milk for cereal. I probably wouldn’t stay here again - even for that view.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

For the last 4 years, I have stayed at this Super 8 during a festival weekend in May. The staff has always been friendly and responsive; anything from providing additional towels and pillows, to adding another occupant last-minute to my room. They have also accommodated my limited mobility by providing a room on the main floor. The rooms are clean and lobby is well kept, especially for eating continental breakfast there. For consistent service and comfortable stay, I would recommend the Super 8 Florence as a great choice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I travel with my dog, Harley and finding a place for both of us to stay is sometimes tricky. We were visiting relatives in Brookside & Florence is just right down the road. The managers made our very late arrival very quick & convenient. The room was very clean and came equipped with coffee pot, microwave & mini-frig... bathroom even had a blow drier! I don't know if all the rooms come with an overstuffed armchair & ottoman but ours did & it was a nice touch for someone whose other traveling companion is a kindle. The continental breakfast was quite adequate. The management was in the process of moving their breakfast area when we were there so I'm anxious to see how nice it will be when we go back... because this is our place to stay when we visit Brookside. Nice people run this place too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 13 in Canon City
Best Western Canon City
Best Western Canon City
#3 of 13 in Canon City

Been to Super 8 Florence Canon City A? Share your experiences!