“Upscale room at affordable price”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Very clean, upscale room at an affordable rate. Very nice, clean room with modern furnishings. Standard king suite had 2 flatscreen TV's, large clean bathroom, and very comfortable bed. Much better than the local Marriott!

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed 25 August 2011

One of the cleanest places I have stayed. The gym was very nice. There was 4 of us so the pull out bed was convenient.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Except for a poorly lit sign making it difficult to find after dark (we were unfamiliar with the area), the rest of the experience at the Cambria was awesome! Friendly service, clean room, wonderful shower, access to a small pool and a really neat little area to purchase a quick bite to eat. This included a breakfast with a variety of healthy foods. Not just a bagel or muffin. After a horrible experience on the road at another hotel in another area, this was like coming home! ;o)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2011

A fine hotel, very clean, staff is efficient and nice. Outstanding fitness center, free wifi, good public computer terminals. A place our family was very comfortable in. Good breakfast. If the pool were bigger it would get fives in all categories.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We ended up here after losing our house to water damage. Becky the manager went out of her way to take care of us and make sure we had enough space for our family for two weeks. My kids loved the pool, I enjoyed the fitness center. The rooms are spacious and modern. Overall it was a great stay!
The breakfast wasn't very good in general - cold food and one person trying to run the whole thing. Otherwise the place is top notch!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I am two things: A) a "brand" snob and B) a hotel snob. There I said it! So, why is that important to this review? Here's why, the idea of staying at an Econo Lodge/Comfort Inn for me is reminiscent of a Clark Griswold vacation. Remember, the "Vacation" movies, Chevy Chase...you get it. Well let me tell you this is no Econo Lodge!

First let me say, Nice job Choice Hotels! If you were aiming to attract a snob like me away from Hilton, SPG or Marriott, you've hit the mark. This is a hotel that inviting, upscale and clean.

The entrance to the hotel is somewhat small. Only to say that it does not have a "grand" entrance but that is nothing but a notable comment. Once inside, the lobby is large, modern and open. The staff is friendly and ready to greet you. My check-in was quick and without hassle. From the front desk I have a view of a waiting area with plenty of seating, a large flat panel t.v. and what looked to be an internet type cafe. Beyond the waiting area was the small restaurant area hosted by Wolfgang Puck. You have the option to eat from the buffet or made-to-order from the menu. I can not comment on the quality of the meals because most of meeting were breakfast meetings.

After walking past the lobby/restaurant area I made my way to the elevator. Once up the elevator I found my room and entered. I was pleasantly surprised by the layout of my room. Very modern decor, very clean and well laid out. Bath on the right with the same clean-line decor and everything in working order. On the left was the coffee bar with a small fridge below. Beyond the bath was the sitting room equipped with a flat panel t.v. on the wall, couch and large desk. Separating the sitting room and sleeping quarters was a
decretive wall design that allows for separation but gives an open feel. Nicely done.

The sleeping quarters are large with a king bed, flat panel t.v., dresser, chair and ottoman. The closet is small but adequate. The bed. The most comfortable bed I've slept in up till now was at a Marriott for double the price. The bed was incredibly comfortable with ton's of pillows. It was a great couple of nights of sleep.

I will definitely going back to this hotel. So impressed by Choice Hotel's efforts I've signed up for their reward program. Way to go guys, way to go!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Roboverde
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Fort Collins is only an hour or so from Denver and that's as far as we got. O'Dell's and New Belgium are in Fort Collins. We had taken both tours that day and didn't feel like travelling any further that day. Walked into to Cambria after checking a few TripAdvisor reviews and they had availability. Very nice hotel. The only snafu was that their computers were down, so they had to do everything the old fashioned way. That caused us to be double billed, but as soon as we caught it on our statement, the staff quickly rectified the error. Would recommend. Quiet, safe, comfortable area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family