“Lovely Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I stayed here thanks to the other TripAdvisor reviews and was duly impressed. I checked in with ease; there was no line and the woman at the counter was very friendly, even mentioning their Thanksgiving Day Dinner.

The entire hotel was clearly brand new and well appointed. The rooms were gorgeous with great uses of space. Great bathroom fixtures. (I like the above-counter sinks, very modern.) Bath & Body Works products. Wolfgang Puck & Numi coffee & tea in the room. Even though a girl's basketball team was staying in the hotel (and I could hear them when I was in the bath which is closest to the hallway), the bedroom area was completely quiet. As someone else mentioned, there's not much a view, but that was unimportant for my purposes. Parking was easy and free. Wi-fi and high speed internet worked fast and was also easy. My room had two LCD TVs, which was nice.

I don't have any complaints except that the breakfast isn't included but is an extra $10. (I didn't partake.) I did get the Thanksgiving Day buffet, which was $22 and was quite good. No complaints at all about the food (it was tasty and sufficient). It did take the staff a while to get organized at the beginning, probably because they were also feeding the previously mentioned girl's basketball team. As soon as they had the food out they were very attentive and checked on me to see if I had drinks or needed anything. If I'd had it at a restaurant I might have considered it priced a little high, but not having to leave the hotel (I'd been driving all day) was well worth the extra money. I was not at all disappointed with the offerings.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I ever found myself back in Fort Collins.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Redlands, California
Reviewed 14 November 2009

It's so nice to come upon a hotel that surprises you and exceeds your expectations. This hotel does that. As you're heading out of "big city territory" and toward the Great Plains where one might expect to find aging, dated accommodations, it was great to find such a down to earth but sophisticated hotel such as this. The rooms are homey and finely appointed. The whole set up with restaurant and laundry made my husband and I want to stay a couple of extra days in the Ft. Collins area. The staff and especially the manager were exceptional in every way. Not to be exceeded by any other hotel we stayed at during our 21 day, seven state trip.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JulesViews
St Paul, MN
Reviewed 3 November 2009

This hotel is very new. Spacious lobby with plenty of tables & net access, and a nice flat screen to keep you up on the news. They did a wonderful job decorating the rooms: very modern. Nice size bathroom, with upscale fixtures. Convenient access to Old Town, Fort Collins.

Possible downsides: there's not much of a view. Our room looked out on the AMD campus. In-room high speed internet was wired..not wireless. Also, breakfast is not included (I think it was $10/person more). However, there are some unique and excellent restaurants in Old Town (Lucile's is great for breakfast). Get out of the hotel and do your dining on the town!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
hartford, ct
Reviewed 21 October 2009

What a change from your typical hotel. The minute you walk in and see the lobby, you know you're in a different type of hotel. The staff was very gracious and helpful ! Very relaxing stay, everytinh you need on a trip. We'll be back.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
chicago
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We came in for the CSU homecoming game with classmates and family and we're glad that we did use trip adviser to help find rooms. Great time for the entire weekend, we will be back at this hotel !!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2009

The hotel is nice enough. We were there for 10 days. There was a really bad smell that emanated from the bathroom sink every time we used it. I told them about it multiple times, but never saw any improvement. When we were checking out of the hotel, the girl at the front desk asked how our stay had been. I said, "It was fine except that our bathroom sink smelled disgusting." Her reply was, "Yes, that's been a problem." No apology or anything. And no one had every contacted us to say this was not a fix-able problem and would we like another room. They were kind at the front desk but didn't ever seem eager to help. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasStacy65
Laramie, WY
Reviewed 11 October 2009

We were traveling through Ft Collins about midnight when all the roads home closed due to a snow storm (I know a major snow storm in early October--welcome to my world). Come to find out it was homecoming weekend and all the hotels we were familiar with that we called were full (did I detect a slight note of glee in the desk clerks voices when they told us they were booked?). With sinking hearts and rising expectations of a night spent shivering in our car, we called Cambria Suites which we knew nothing about. One room left! We were thrilled! We'd take it whatever the cost, and expected to be paying through the nose considering the circumstances. However, although it wasn't cheap, it seemed very reasonable for what we got--a clean, comfortable, spacious room with two queen beads, a nice living area, coffee, fridge, microwave, and real glass glasses and ceramic mugs (a small luxury but I really appreciate it). We didn't use many of the amenities, but they were there--swimming pool, fitness area, computers in the lobby, ports in the room for every apparatus you might have. The really outstanding thing about this hotel, though, was the customer service. My husband and I are both in the service industry, and tend to be a little overly critical. The management and staff at Cambria left us no room to complain about anything. Everyone we dealt with-- the night clerk, the morning desk crew, the restaurant server, the chef, housekeeping--were so nice and professional and made us feel welcome. The general manager was especially accommodating and just very good at his job. What an unexpectedly pleasant end to a harrowing beginning.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple