Like many reviewers, I reserve 5-star ratings for truly amazing properties (like castles in Europe), so don't let that skew your perception.
- Clean. That's the primary feeling I get from this place, from lobby to room.
- Staff. In addition to being friendly, the whole overnight/morning staff was really fabulous, and when the majority of the guests were associated with a major bike ride that was starting at 6:30 am, they VERY kindly had hot breakfast available from about 4:40 onward, instead of 6:30, as is the norm. They didn't have to do that (even putting out some bagels and cereal would have been great), but they made it possible for all the cyclists to roll out that morning with some good protein and carbs (and coffee!) in their systems, which was really fantastic.
- Breakfast. The breakfast had plenty for all tastes. Pretty typical, I think, for a chain hotel breakfast (cereal, oatmeal packets, bagels & pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, yogurt, waffles). It was a nice surprise to find a bowl of peeled, hardboiled eggs in the yogurt fridge (though if you don't like the smell of eggs, that could be slightly offputting). Coffee, tea, lemon water, 3 different juices.
- Little touches: the nightlight in the bathroom, the abundance of outlets in the room (one in each bedside lamp, an 8-person table available in the breakfast room.
- The location, if you happen to need to be on campus much. It's only a 10 or 15 minute drive in normal traffic, but it's not walking distance, in case you thought it might be. However, it is walking distance to an Olive Garden, a Target, and a few other shops. It's a pretty safe-feeling area of town.
- The height of the shower. We were in a handicapped-accessible room which may or may not have been a factor, but the showerhead was lower than I might have expected. It didn't bother either of us, but if you were over about 5'10", it might have been a bit short. However, it was a handheld option, if that helps.
That's about it, really. Our room (a standard, I think) wasn't palatial, but I didn't feel like we were stepping over each other (2 of us staying there). There's a pocket door that we didn't try to open, separating the living area (where there's a double sofa sleeper) from the sleeping area, and each area had a TV with plenty of channels. We didn't have a chance to try the wifi, so I can't comment on that. The pool area looked clean, though we didn't have time to enjoy that, either.
If this is in the right area of town for your needs, don't hesitate to stay with the Quality Inn!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Fort Collins
- Fort Collins Quality Inn