“Clean and friendly”

Quality Inn & Suites University
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Like many reviewers, I reserve 5-star ratings for truly amazing properties (like castles in Europe), so don't let that skew your perception.

Pros:
- Clean. That's the primary feeling I get from this place, from lobby to room.
- Staff. In addition to being friendly, the whole overnight/morning staff was really fabulous, and when the majority of the guests were associated with a major bike ride that was starting at 6:30 am, they VERY kindly had hot breakfast available from about 4:40 onward, instead of 6:30, as is the norm. They didn't have to do that (even putting out some bagels and cereal would have been great), but they made it possible for all the cyclists to roll out that morning with some good protein and carbs (and coffee!) in their systems, which was really fantastic.
- Breakfast. The breakfast had plenty for all tastes. Pretty typical, I think, for a chain hotel breakfast (cereal, oatmeal packets, bagels & pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, yogurt, waffles). It was a nice surprise to find a bowl of peeled, hardboiled eggs in the yogurt fridge (though if you don't like the smell of eggs, that could be slightly offputting). Coffee, tea, lemon water, 3 different juices.
- Little touches: the nightlight in the bathroom, the abundance of outlets in the room (one in each bedside lamp, an 8-person table available in the breakfast room.

Cons:
- The location, if you happen to need to be on campus much. It's only a 10 or 15 minute drive in normal traffic, but it's not walking distance, in case you thought it might be. However, it is walking distance to an Olive Garden, a Target, and a few other shops. It's a pretty safe-feeling area of town.
- The height of the shower. We were in a handicapped-accessible room which may or may not have been a factor, but the showerhead was lower than I might have expected. It didn't bother either of us, but if you were over about 5'10", it might have been a bit short. However, it was a handheld option, if that helps.

That's about it, really. Our room (a standard, I think) wasn't palatial, but I didn't feel like we were stepping over each other (2 of us staying there). There's a pocket door that we didn't try to open, separating the living area (where there's a double sofa sleeper) from the sleeping area, and each area had a TV with plenty of channels. We didn't have a chance to try the wifi, so I can't comment on that. The pool area looked clean, though we didn't have time to enjoy that, either.

If this is in the right area of town for your needs, don't hesitate to stay with the Quality Inn!

Room Tip: There isn't much road noise to worry about, but there is an express bus lane right behind the ho...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank spoons
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear spoons,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We love reading reviews that are as thorough as yours, it really gives our other potential guests the insight they need when picking a hotel in the Fort Collins area. Guest service is our greatest concern here at the Quality Inn so having our breakfast available for our early morning guests is never a problem. It is also nice to see that your cons were few and far between and I will comment that the bus that you spoke about runs directly into the CSU campus thus taking the need to walk to CSU out of the picture. Thank you again for the great review and we all hope to see you back very soon!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites University

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel was one of the best that we stayed at on our driving tour of Colorado in June. We had a King suite at a very reasonable price and were very impressed with the high standards throughout the hotel. An easy walk to the Olive garden for evening meal and the hotel is located in a pleasant area away from the busy downtown.

Room Tip: Although our room overlooked the railroad the occasional train that passed could barely be heard and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Dave P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear about your outstanding experience here at the Quality Inn Fort Collins. I am also pleased that you found our west facing rooms to be quite and comfortable for you. Many of our guests worry, but just like you they find the rooms to be very quite. From everyone here at the hotel please come back and visit us very soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

When staying at a mid-level chain, you pretty much know what to expect. This hotel had some nice extras. On arrival, the lobby was two floors high and the furniture inviting. It was a pleasant place to wait for our friends. There are interesting historic black and white photos all around. Our room had a little sitting room along with the usual 'bedroom.' The toiletries weren't anything special and there was a bizarre card in the bathroom that bragged that the shower had a curved curtain rod. Overall, we very much liked the place for our one night stay in this pretty town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear EdinColorado,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. Here at the Quality Inn Fort Collins we like to think we add more value than our competitor hotels. I am happy to hear that you were able to agree. Our renovation last year has left the hotel looking very warm and inviting for all of our guests. I hope that on your next trip to Fort Collins that you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was not a planned stop. I had a car break down out of town and the tow driver recommended the hotel. Although I did not have reservations and a holiday weekend was coming up the hotel staff was wonderful. They helped make a stressful situation better. I was able to book a room for an extended period of time and also was able to cancel when the car was fixed with out being charged for any additional stay. The Hotel is fairly close to shops and restaurants and minutes from historic downtown. The rooms comfortable. The staff was absolutely wonderful. I would recommend this location. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Charisse O,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. What a wonderful review full of comments for all of our staff! Please know that we have passed on your kind words and everyone in the hotel thanks you! We take great pride in offer the best service around and I am glad that you were able to experience it first hand, even while you were dealing with other problems. I really hope that you will be able to make it to the Fort Collins area on a leisure trip so you can truly enjoy everything our amazing city has to offer.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at thie Quality Inn & Suites while visiting relatives. Very pleased with the presentation of the suite, clean, and beds/linens comfortable. Good location for our visit. Standard hot and cold breakfast items. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear ToastyRed,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We always appreciate when our guests are able to take time to let others know how their stay was. We can never ask for more than for a previous guest to recommend that others stay with us. Thank you again for the great compliments and I hop that we are able to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We came to Fort Collins for graduation at CSU. The hotel was in a convenient location and it was very easy to get anywhere in Fort Collins. Kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was fine. We stayed two nights here and had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Cheryce W,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We value our guests opinions and love to hear about their experiences. We had a great turn out for CSU graduation here at the hotel and I am so happy to hear that you had a good time as well. I hope that on your next trip through the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Based on the reviews from tripadvisor my wife and I booked a room here for an overnite stay in Fort Collins. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly service of the front desk. It turns out they did not have my reservation on file but that I had mistakenly booked a room for the previous night and had already been charged. While this was no fault of the hotels, the front desk attendant was unable to help me correct this problem but that my inquiry should be brought up with the manager the next day. We had some business in town and when I returned the front desk was already aware of the problem and resolved it for me without having to speak to the manager at all. Again this had nothing at all to do with the hotel, it was my own mistake but the hotel having the awesome customer service that they do made it right for me, even when they didnt have to and because of that we have and will continue to use this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: They take pets :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear EricNAlicia S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you chose our hotel based on it's TripAdvisor reviews and ranking. We take pride in our guests having exceptional experiences and being able to brag about them online. We also take pride in giving our front desk agents the power to make things right, which it seems like they were able to. Often our agents run into problems like yours and through talking to one another about it are able to come up with a suitable solution. It is so exciting to hear that you will be coming back to our hotel in the future, we look forward to it!