“Just great”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Byron Bay
“Just great”
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I stayed here after some very intense research, in December-January. I had broken my wrist and needed a comfortable, quiet place to stay for a few weeks - I have family in Fort Collins but couldn't stay in their house.
Quality Inn was marvellous. My room was big, comfortable, warm and had the best view over towards the Rockies, the sunsets were magnificent. The train going past a few times each day was really interesting to watch, and after the first night I didn't even hear it. The occasional train is very different from a busy road where the noise may never stop.
There was enough room and furniture to have several activities going - computer, jigsaw puzzle, newspapers etc. I managed to eat "at home" quite a lot owing to the microwave and refrigerator, and being on the bus route right past Wholefoods I could get fantastic food which was fresh, tasty and healthy, and heat it up in my room. I was using the bus quite a lot because I wasn't confident about driving with one arm in a cast, so having a bus service every 20 minutes very nearby was wonderful.
The cleaning staff were absolutely lovely (I got to practise my spanish with them) and the reception staff very pleasant and helpful with all my difficulties. I was grateful for the cheap laundry services in the hotel and the big screen computer and printer available there too. The breakfast, although free, wasn't fantastic - too sugary and fatty for my liking but it was still nice to see a few other guests in the morning, and read the paper with a cup of tea.
Across the road, Barnes and Noble was a saviour - with its cafe and so many comfortable armchairs, I spent many enjoyable afternoons there reading all kinds of books and magazines.
I had a look at the alternatives and found most were located on busier roads or too close to the freeway, or had trucks pulling up at all hours. I think I made a great choice.
I got a great weekly rate, and really enjoyed my stay. Thanks so much!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnyZucchini
Kindra V, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear AnnyZucchini,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear you were able to relax and recuperate at our hotel. We take pride in making each guest a friend and treating them with care. I am glad our hotel fit all of your needs and you were able to appreciate it's great location and amenities. I hope that you can come back soon as we have just done a major remodel of the hotel I'm sure you would appreciate. We look forward to being of service again any time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I traveled from SD to spend tlime with family and friends. Our room was very nice and did have a sofa , fridge and microwave, also free internet. The cleanliness of the room was OK . The bathroom needed a few repairs, ceiling painted, mirror replaced but it was still a nice room.
We stayed three nights and the front desk was very helpful and courteous. Friday morning the breakfast was very good , clean, and well stocked....Sat and Sun was a different story even though there was a nice selection the breakfast attendent (a young man) didn't spend much time taking care of it. I have a feeling that the manager probably had the weekend off.
Overall we had a very nice stay, but I don't think that it is a Platinum Award winning property. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Dear DWB5000,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. It is so nice to hear when our guests enjoy the hotel. Please note that our company took over the hotel in 2012 after your stay. We have since completed a major top to bottom remodel. I hope that you will give our hotel another try to prove why we deserve such awards. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My husband, teenage daughter and I stayed here for 6 nights during Thanksgiving week while visiting our son. We got a great price of $39 a night through Hotwire (dubbed 2 1/2 stars), and we couldn't have asked for a nicer experience. We were booked into a king suite, but when I asked for two beds, they immediately switched us. The room had the two queen beds, plus a sitting area with a pullout couch; that extra space was nice with the three of us (this room was going online for $88 at the time). Microwave, fridge, free wifi included. Pool was warm and hot tub was great. We didn't use the exercise room, but it appeared to have 3 pieces of equipment. A washer and dryer were available. Staff was friendly and the whole attitude of the hotel seemed to be to treat guests well. When I needed to fax something, they did it for me for free. Coffee and tea were available 24 hours a day in the lobby. There was a fireplace with upholstered chairs around it in the lobby, just off the breakfast room, with free newspapers. Breakfast was above average for a free buffet, including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties, and biscuits and gravy. We had stayed at The Marriott a couple of months before, booked through Hotwire at 3 or 3 1/2 stars. But we found that for the low price, the Marriott wouldn't give us free wifi (wanted to charge us $13 a night) and there was no free breakfast. So really, a 2 1/2 star hotel is a better deal for families. The location of Quality Suites was convenient also; in Fort Collins you can't really walk to anything, but at least this hotel is a short drive from everywhere. A sign at the front desk warns guests about the train tracks located in back of the hotel, but the train only comes through once a day, and we never heard it the entire week. The upper floor rooms have a view of the foothills, we heard -- Hotwire guests don't get those!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Dear pthomas156,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites. It is nice to see you that you appreciated the value that we have to offer. We recently completed a top to bottom renovation and I welcome you to come back and stay again. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Although I would like to give this hotel five stars I could not. Overall it was a really good stay for one night with a child. The first day the hot tub and pool was cool although this had been fixed by day two. The biggest issue I had was the train at 11pm which felt like the hotel was going to be demolished and hence no five stars as it does/can impact your stay, luckily there were no more. As far as the pool and spa area was concerned they were very clean and in good shape. The rooms were of a good size, very clean with a microwave and fridge. Bathroom was in good shape athough the sink had some cracks in it. The beds and linen were good and acceptable for this range of hotel. For the price the breakfast was great and although most of the hot items were pre cooked it was still a good breakfast with bacon, sausage pattys, scrambled eggs, waffles as well as fruit and the regular cold items. The biggest issue was initally items were running out although staff got on this relativley quick. They also coffee 24 hours but no cookies on this visit but Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Dear dlcallissa,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites, although I wish it would have been perfect. Our company took over the hotel in 2012 and I am sure that your issues have now been resolved. We recently completed a major renovation of the hotel with all guest rooms and common areas being redone. I invite you to come back and stay to see all the new touches to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon!
California
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Nice room with comfortable bed, pillows and bedding. Clean room with a nice fridge, microwave and coffee pot. King room was large with a couch and nice dining table. 3 miles from downtown and was very quiet. Very friendly staff and helpful with all questions. Manager suggested eating at CooperSmith's Pub & Brewery and it was wonderful. Great food and lots of good beer. Good breakfast and the fresh baked cooks each evening were AWESOME.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear California_Trekker,
Thank you for taking the time to post you comments to Trip Advisor. It is wonderful to hear when guests enjoy themselves at our hotel. We always strive to provide our guests with the utmost service and hospitality. We recently underwent a major remodel and all the guess rooms and common areas look brand new! I hope to see you back soon so that we may continue to present you with the care you have come to know and love.
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed 26 December 2008

The hotel was exceptionally clean and pleasant. Our room was spacious with amenities of a much more expensive facility, including mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, couch, large bathtub and more. On the third floor, we had a nice view of the mountains. The fitness room was limited to a stationary bike and Universal-type weight machine, but had its own air conditioning control. The pool was large and looked inviting. Breakfast offered many choices for a continental, including baked and cooked (DIY) selections. Only a 10 minute or less drive from anywhere in Ft. Collins, including CSU campus and Old Town, we even got some holiday shopping done right across the street at Barnes & Noble and REI.

• Liked — Convenient, spacious, clean, breakfast included
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
pagemorris, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 October 2009
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Wyoming
Reviewed 6 June 2008

Four of us stayed at the Quality Inn Suites on May 31, 2008. We really liked this hotel. The location is excellent, being just one block off College Avenue. The personnel were great; helpful and pleasant. The room was nice, very clean, comfortable; it had a decent selection of toiletries and good quality linens. Our spacious room had a couch, two double beds, a coffeemaker, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a nice television set. The pool, exercise room, and hot tub were inside. Smoking is not allowed. The breakfast was excellent: microwavable sandwiches, eggs, waffles, juices, milk, cereal, bagels, fruit, breads for toasting, etc. The rate was around $100, which was a bargain for the quality of the hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness, upkeep, friendliness, location.
  • Disliked — No smoking.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kar344
We appreciate your feedback - thank you!