“mixed thoughts loved parts of it but glad its over and would not go again”

Rocky Mountain Adventures
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Fort Collins
Oban, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“mixed thoughts loved parts of it but glad its over and would not go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We did the class 3-4 trip with a lunch. It was great fun but was much wilder than I expected. We capsized at the final rapid and everyone flipped out including the guide. My head luckily in a helmet scraped along the bottom as I was under the boat.My son and I were both a bit battered and bruised. The raft was resting on my pelvis on top of a rock as everyone else piled back in and was pulled off. Interestingly the CD of photos included the flipping ,some of the aftermath but not the middle chaos. There was so much enthusiasm as to "Lets do this " etc that guides paid no attention to grazes and bruised elbows and knees. The guides are very positive and fun. The river itself was scenic and the gorge was fantastic. I suppose I expected not to flip over and one member in our raft fell out twice. The guide said he had not had a flip over in 3 years so maybe we were unlucky. Do make sure your kids are strong and you are in good health before you embark on this trip. It was fun but I felt the guides are so into being positive they forget to check if you are genuinely ok. Do this with caution .

1 Thank D1ktw23765

Olathe, Kansas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Experience for Whitewater Novice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was the our family's first whitewater rafting trip and our guide Jeff made it an exceptional experience. We were all very nervous (kids ages 8 and 11) and "the safety talk" made us even more so. Fortunately, the river was running Class 2 and 3s so it was a relatively easy and beautiful trip. There was enough white water to keep us on our toes, but our guide was so experienced that he helped us navigate the river with ease. We bought the CD of photos and they turned out great! A wonderful family memory! I would highly recommend using RMA.

2 Thank Nancy W
Greenwood, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome white water adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I worked with the RMA team to plan a raft trip for 21. We did the Lower Poudre half day class 2-3 trip. They were very professional and helpful as I worked to get all my people confirmed and paid. The day of the trip it poured rain and we actually had mud slides pouring into the river! We were filthy but it was an absolute blast! 2 little girls got cold and scared early on the trip and the guides were so nice and caring to get them to the bus and wrapped in blankets. Our guides were very professional and fun. We had a great time with Josh and Cam. They look like kids but were very responsible when it was time to get down to business and take care of their rafts and the people in them. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone!

Rockwall, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rafting in a Flash Flood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Thanks to Andy and Kevin at RMA, we had an awesome time. They say they will raft rain or shine and by the time we got on the raft at the put-in we were drenched from a rain storm. Didn't slow us down though. About half a mile downriver we see a huge washout from up above that turned the river like foaming chocolate. It was difficult to see the rocks at that point, but our guides were awesome at it. We flew by a couple other guiding outfits that had half their occupants in the water. If you have anyone in your party <13yrs old, I would not do the Mishawaka (Class 3-4), in fact they won't let you raft it at RMA which says a lot about their knowledge of the river and the inherent dangers in rafting. Definitely recommend this outfit for a Cache la Poudre trip.

1 Thank PatrickD141
Littleton, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“"White Water Wonderous!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our family of four booked a half day trip on Clear Creek. I was hesitant about rafting on a river so close to the highway, but I soon forgot my concerns. The water and the scenery were beautiful. There were times that I could hear the cars above, but mostly it felt like an awesome mountain adventure. Our guide, Jonathan, was a pro. With his direction, we maneuvered class III and IV rapids with skill and poise. He shared many interesting facts about the valley and its history and inhabitants. I highly recommend this trip to anyone looking for an outdoor adventure convenient to Denver and the metro area. MAD adventures took great care of my family.