“Comfortable enough, convenient location”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Good things first. Fabulous, convenient location. Very easy to get too. The fridge, microwave and sitting area with a two person dining table were sooo convenient. There are two things that prevent me from giving this place top marks. 1) We had a queen sized top sheet and comforter on our king size bed. Not a huge deal, but come on. 2) Bathroom amenities were lacking conditioner. I usually always take my own hair products, but this time I thought, "Eh. They'll have some. I'll save some space in my bag." I was bummed when I washed my hair and then realized the other bottle I grabbed off the counter was lotion, not conditioner. Also not a huge deal. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank K H
dc4615, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your stay at the Fort Collins Comfort Inn. We appreciate the feedback and the kind words about our property.

We apologize about the sizing mistake with your bedding and will make sure this problem is corrected for your next stay.

The front desk and housekeeping staff work hard to maintain a clean and comfortable facility from the indoor pool and hot tub, to the hot deluxe breakfast, fitness center and business center.

Thank you again for your feedback back and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tim Kefalas

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The owner is local and has shown a real desire to make sure his guests have a good experience. I've been there once a week for the past six weeks and the hotel has always been clean and the staff always polite and helpful. I give it high marks.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank David S
dc4615, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you so much for your stay at the Fort Collins Comfort Inn. Our staff work hard, from housekeeping to management, to make sure the hotel offers the utmost in cleanliness, overall facilities and staff service.

We appreciate your patronage and kind words.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Tim

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our first morning there we woke up to kids diving off beds and screaming at the top of their lungs at 6:00 AM.
By 7:30 we decided to let the front desk know, eventually we ended up having to call again they moved us to another room at 3:00 that afternoon, but that room was under roof construction, we were not aware of upon our booking nor was it mentioned upon our confirmation.
The next day, the maid never made up our room..The next morning, I had work to do on the computer, NO INTERNET NO WIFI on phone. It remained that way all day long. when I called I was told it would be the next day when they could resolve the issue. Later that day I attempted to nap and the roof construction was so loud, I again called the front desk was treated rude, No customer service what so ever, I was asked to leave the hotel and I was given 1 hour to pack up my room. with no internet or Wifi, no help offered, No customer service here!!! The good reviews are a sham and being posted by the staff and the owners family DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Room Tip: The powdered eggs are inedible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 654MAJ
dc4615, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Fort Collins Comfort Inn over graduation weekend.

In regards to your complaints we acknowledge that there was a family with children making noise near your room Friday morning. We prioritized getting a new room cleaned for you and promptly moved your room on Friday morning at 11am. You declined our help to move your belongings to the new room and stayed in your original room, where the noise was occurring, for more than an hour after keys were issued.

We did have a recent heavy wind storm in Colorado which damaged our roof, but the roof repairs were not scheduled, nor did they occur during graduation. The roofers on Friday were dropping off materials for the work for the following week, which took place over small portion of the early afternoon.

On Sunday, we did have issues with our Wifi network, caused by a damaged connection on the exterior of the hotel, which we do apologize for. However, once the staff was notified of the issue, we took care of it in as timely a manner as possible and the Wifi was back up that evening.

When any guest has any issues or problems at our hotel we happily work to resolve the issues; we want all of our guests to have as comfortable a stay as possible. However, when you became verbally abusive with our staff, using extremely coarse language at a property where we pride ourselves on being family friendly, we had no choice but to ask you to leave the hotel.

We would love for you to contact the hotel directly and speak with management to further work out the problems you ran into, and I assure you, we do make every effort to provide quality customer service.

The hotel has undergone recent renovations and we also work hard to keep our pool, fitness center and hot breakfast among the tops in our brand, and we hope you were still able to enjoy our amenities despite the problems that arose.

Thank you again for your stay.

Tim

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I "treated" my family to two nights at the Hilton across from CSU since it was close to the school for our visit. I was underwhelmed by the rooms, service, amenities, and experience. What a delight to check into the Comfort Inn for the next four nights! The Front Desk staff made us welcome and were always available to help with a friendly smile. The rooms were standard, but clean and comfortable. I was concerned about noise since we faced the highway, but honestly we slept soundly. The plumbing is noisy between rooms as are the door closings if early-rising folks aren't conscientious, but otherwise it was so nice to come back to this hotel every night. I especially noticed how clean it smelled compared to the Hilton. The pool and hot tub were refreshing; the workout room is small, but we weren't there for that. It does have a cute little library and very welcoming lobby with fireplace. We were unable to enjoy the morning breakfast since it was heavy on gluten, but we grabbed a banana and o.j. (although the fruit wasn't in the best shape). It sounds like I'm being negative, but I really think this is a fine spot to stop in Fort Collins...right off 25, and not too far from the downtown area.

Room Tip: Request "mountain view" although you'd be quite a distance from them, you won't fa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank fritztc
dc4615, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Recent Guest,

We thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at the Fort Collins Comfort Inn. Our entire staff work hard every day to ensure our facilities remain top tier as far as cleanliness and comfort.

We also strive to provide the utmost in staff service, and we do genuinely enjoy assisting guests with any of the hospitality needs.

Please come back and stay with us again anytime.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I am with a local group that's holding trainings in the hotel's breakfast area. Though I cannot comment on the rooms, I've been told, and I have witnessed, that they just finished a major remodel. If the rooms are as nice as the lobby/breakfast area, guests will enjoy staying here

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
dc4615, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel!

We have recently completed a full renovation which included new carpet, paint and furniture for all our rooms.

Our staff members work hard to ensure that every patron of the hotel, whether renting out meeting space or staying in one of our rooms receive the most comfortable and friendly experience possible.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

If you are travelling North or South on I-25 North of Denver and you need a break this is a nice hotel. If the kids need a pool they have a nice one, hot tub too. Our five night stay for a big family reunion was a very pleasant experience, getting the senior discount made it even better.
Front desk staff was always friendly and helpful, kitchen staff was always a little overwhelmed.
We liked the access to the fireplace in the lobby and the reading room around the corner.
My wife and I always use the stairs when we stay in rooms above the ground level for exercise and were pleasantly surprised to find the exits on both ends of the building wide, carpeted, comfortable and clean.
The one serious draw back for anyone slightly challenged with driving in an unfamiliar city is the frontage road exit/entrance combination you are required to negotiate getting onto or off of the Interstate.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face West.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
dariusz, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Fort Collins. We word hard to maintain the nicest indoor pool facilities in the area. We keep our Hot Tub right at 102 degrees for a nice, relaxing dip.

If any guest is every having any trouble navigating the confusing frontage road area, we happily offer staff help or printed directions at the desk or via phone.

Please come back and stay with us anytime!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I get real biased about a property if there is a wonderful person to check me in. Alicia was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. My room was very clean and well layed out. The pillow could have been a smidgen better. Breakfast was excellent in a spotlessly clean and well-provisioned dining area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pixelpanderer
dariusz, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the kind words and positive review. Every staff member at the Fort Collins Comfort Inn strives for absolute best customer service from check-in to check-out and Alicia is one our very best.

Our housekeepers check and double check all the rooms for cleanliness, and our breakfast staff work hard to keep our food areas clean and presentable for all the guests.

We're glad you had a great experience here in Fort Collins and we invite you to come back and stay with us anytime.

Thank you.