“Good stay”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Union Center, South Dakota
“Good stay”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Late nite arrival from DIA. Good and helpful staff of one. Nice room. Easy on/off I-25 between Denver and Ft. Collins. Nice staff and bkfst in the morning. Excellent price thru PriceLine. Was jet lagged from Alaska, so wasn't real sympathetic when the lawnmower started up at 0800 ;-)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bearclaw6
Chris C, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the AmericInn. We appreciate your business and appreciate you taking the time to comment on your past stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and found our staff to be friendly. We feel that we provide a nice breakfast and most important we work at providing outstanding customer service to make your stay a great one. I do apologize about the lawnmower disrupting your stay. We have been working with our landscaping company about adjusting our times if possible. I again thank you for your business and we hope to see you again next time you are in the Fort Collins area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Powell, Wyoming
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Nice enough room, lovely lobby with fireplace. Bathroom was pretty small. The t.v. Was ridiculous. Asked desk how to get it to work . Had to unplug cord from back of set and use buttons on side not remote each time to turn on! Clean and quiet. Not a lot of breakfast selection and way out from town.pool and hot tub were enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we appreciate all the feedback we receive. Without our valued guests opinions we don't have the opportunity to make changes about issues that we may not be aware of. We have been upgrading our televsions and are working with Phillips to make the televisions more user friendly.I am glad that you found our hotel quiet as we pride ourselves on being an very quiet hotel and that you also enjoyed our pool area. I again thank you for taking the time to write this reveiw and hope that in the future you will choose to stay with us here again at the AmericInn.
Edwards, Colorado
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was thrilled to check in to this hotel when I was greeted with a wonderful evening front desk person who answered all my questions with a smile. She even noticed my car's dome light was left on and phoned my room to let me know. Lifesaver since I was there for training that started the next morning. The 3 different girls who cleaned the room left little notes of who cleaned the room and to have a nice stay in their own hand writing which I thought gave it a warm and homey feeling. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were more comfortable than my previous two nights stay at a larger chain and the linens were very soft and felt very nice. The decor was not as fancy but it was quite cozy. I would definately stay there again should the need arise.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Chris C, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fort Collins. We appreciate the kind comments and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope next time you are in our area that we will get to see you again and WOW you with our customer service.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Went there for a wedding reception over the weekend. Very enjoyable, good food, and great accommodations. The Wyoming Ballroom was great. The wait staff was excellent and very attentive. Beautiful common areas and wonderful service.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Located at a new exit on the highway, there isn't much around this hotel, but Nordy's BBQ is close by and worth a trip. No problems at all during my one-night stay; the room was fine and everything was clean and worked.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Ohio
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights during a visit to Fort Collins. While the motel is a bit southof town, it's easily accessible to Fort Collins, including CSU and downtown. The staff is very friendly and helpful (the desk clerk held the door and helped me push the luggage cart as I schlepped my disorganized stuff inside). The rooms are relatively spacious & clean. The lobby area is very warm & welcoming. The room had a fridge/micro. There were USA Todays & local newspapers available. There isn't a lot right at the exit from I-25 where the motel is, but there's a gas station/convenience store, a good Mexican restaurant and a liquor store. Despite it not being in the center of Fort Collins, I will stay there if I go back.

Room Tip: There is an elevator!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ToniOhio
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My recent stay at Americinn, Ft. Collins, Colorado September 1, 2012 checking out September 2, 2012.

I reserved what I thought was going to be the luxury non-smoking King Suite with whirlpool tub.

I don't usually go to that extreme extravagant expense for just one night's stay, but thought that my birthday warranted some extra nice comfort. I was looking forward to a special stay.....

Problem 1.

The pictures on the website were not representative of the room we were assigned - Room Number 221.

The pictures showed a 2 room suite - a separate living room and then the king bedroom with the whirlpool tub, and a separate bathroom. One picture even showed a fireplace in the living area of the suite! uh, NOT!!! Isn't there a law against false advertising?

Problem 2.

The previous guest staying in that room had completely cigarette smoked it up.

Even though maintenance had put an ionizer machine in the room (it was still in the room when we opened the door) and they opened the windows, the room still was smoke permeated.

The ionizer machine was ineffective! I asked that they Febreezed the room and get it taken care of while we left for dinner.

When we came back from dinner they still had not Febreezed the room, I used up my own personal can of Lysol but that didn't even help. We had to go to the Desk and ask for the Febreeze and then spray the room ourselves.

Of course that didn't help.

Once a room has been smoked in, the only way to get rid of the cigarette odor is to wash the walls with bleach, remove the curtains, shampoo the carpets, remove the bed skirt dust ruffle, and mattress, and remove the ceiling tiles in the bathroom.

And never put a guest in a smoking room who has paid for a NON-Smoking room!

Problem 3.

The room was minimally cleaned by housekeeping, the edges of the carpet around the room had a layer of dust and dirt which was noticeable.

Problem 4.
The hotel had a large wedding party booked, so instead of the front desk taking responsibility and providing customer service by moving us to a different room the attitude was this is the only room available.

Problem 5.
The hotel fire alarms went off 7 times during the night! (between 1:30 and 2:30AM) The fire department was called twice to the hotel and the Desk in the morning said that one of the fire water ceiling nozzles on the third floor had started leaking which released the pressure in the pipes which set off the alarms. Consequently, neither my husband nor I got the restful sleep that we paid almost $200 for!!!!!!

Problem 6.
I lodged a complaint at the front desk of the hotel and asked to speak to the manager, who was not in yet, at 11:30AM.

I left my phone number, email and home address for the manager to call me and was told that she would call.

As of this evening, she still has not called me.

I called Travelocity after driving the 4 hours to return home and was told to file my email complaint.

This trip was supposed to be extra special for my birthday weekend and instead turned into a very unacceptable experience!

To resolve my dissatisfaction, I am asking that Travelocity Consumer Relations negotiate for a full refund and an apology from the management of the Americinn. The picture's misrepresentation of the room from the website, the cigarette smoked room and unclean housekeeping, lack of customer service, and the lack of being able to sleep because of the fire alarms going off, and for a person who has an allergy to cigarette smoke this was totally unacceptable - all merits a full refund!

LESSON LEARNED: Get the room key and go inspect the room first. Immediately throw a huge hissy fit (not my personality) at the front desk and immediately call Travelocity. Don't even try to deal with the front desk, stand there with phone in hand at the front desk while talking loudly to Travelocity at the front desk and let all the checking in guests hear the conversation of how dissatisfied I am at the treatment I've received for their lack of customer service. If they don't provide the best room in the hotel to get you to shut up then request that Travelocity place you in an upgraded 5 star hotel else where. Request that they honor their "Travel with the Gnome" guarantee.

As of this morning day 2, the hotel manager has still not contacted me.

I will be leaving this scathing review in my comments on their "hotel review stay" on the website and any other website pertaining to hotels. Let word of mouth spread......

Having stayed in hotels in several different foreign countries that were consider "roach" motels, I would have to say that even the hotel in the country of Columbia where we woke up to hearing gun shots down on the street was a better stay than this experience!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple