“Disorganized mess” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Paso Robles
“Disorganized mess”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The organization of billing and registration at this hotel is a disaster. I have never seen anything this bad. We were in Fort Collins for a family reunion. A block of rooms was reserved and then we individually called to make reservations. Despite taking our name and credit card for each room, they never changed the names in the computer. This resulted in only some people at the desk actually knowing that we had rooms reserved. They also managed to get rooms billed to other people's credit cards despite all of our last names being different and us each signing in with our credit card when we arrived. The night before we left, my stepfather and I went to the desk to make sure all was in order for the next morning. At that time, we discovered errors in names on rooms and credit cards matched to incorrect rooms. We spent quite a bit of time at the desk making sure it was resolved. In the morning, my stepfather's room rates were all different and his name was still on my room, although it was my credit card. When we left, I had a receipt that showed my room billed to my credit card. This morning, I received a text from my sister because my room charge had shown up on her credit card bill, along with her room charge. Absolutely ridiculous. At this point, I am dealing with this at the corporate level because the site management obviously has serious issues. They smiled and were pleasant every time we had to fix something, but enough is enough.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for bringing some of these issues to my attention. I have looked further into the group that was blocked and we have made changes to exactly how groups are specifically entered into our computer system. We have looked into the billing issues and believe after speaking to your group that we should have everything in order. Again I apologize for any issues that may have occured and wish that in the future you would give our hotel another opportunity to show you what we trulty have to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

After checking out of a filthy dive nearby, this place was a huge nirvana. The rooms were clean, and nice appointments. Fridge, coffee makers, microwave all were perfect. The breakfast was nice and modest. It could use a bit more fresh fruit choices. Really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review and we will look into what additional fruits we can provide besides the apples and bananas. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Fort Collins
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

When I explained I had bed bugs and was willing to accept cleaning. First the front desk personnel told me " first do all you do not have bed bugs". He identified himself as the manager when I asked to speak with someone else. He then said "the buck stops here". He said he would try and get me a refund but then called me back and said no refund. The manager was very rude. He treated me with total disrespect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I do apologize that your stay was not a good one. We have our property serviced and treated with prevenative treatment a minimum of once a month to help us prevent any and all bugs. I have contacted Ecolab pest control who is in charge of our monitoring and we can accuratly say that we are not infested with bed bugs. I would be happy to discuss the findings of the latest inspection with you. In regards to the way you felt disrespected I apologize. We take guest relations very seriously and I will address the comments with the staff and handle the situation. Again I apologize that you felt disrespected and should you like to discuss any of the issues please do not hesistate to contact me directly.
Casper
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The AmericInn is a wonderful place to stay! Their rooms are clean they have a fantastic pool and I love to sit in the sauna even though this time it was not working. We had a room on the main level with a Jacuzzi tub and we always enjoy going next-door to Pueblo Viejo for great food! We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for spending your 6 month anniversary with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to utilize our amenities. We look forward to you sharing another important day with us again in the future.
Fort Collins
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I always worry when I use a hotel without any prior knowledge of the area. This AmericInn was outstanding and from this point will see if there is one of these locations in any city where I stay. Rates were very reasonable and cleanliness and service is not shortchanged by the good deal on the room rate. I really wish I could have stayed a couple extra days but if I go back to this area this is my first choice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I love seeing a review that starts with AWESOME!! We are so glad that you had an Awesome stay and we look forward to being your hotel of choice while in the area.
Canon City, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

we stay here whenever we are in the area for the night. We are always happy with our stay here. Room was clean , bed very comfy and lots of choices at breakfast. Friendly staff . They need the weather channel !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for being our loyal guest. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, clean room and staff service. I will check on what our options are as far as getting the weather channel and appreciate the input. Again thank you for being our return guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Saline
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Arrived several hours before check in after a 24 hour drive straight from Michigan. Very much appreciated an early check in so we could sleep and shower. Hotel was comfortable and cozy. Pool was large and clean, hot tub could be warmer. The Sauna wasn't working, during our stay. Only complaint, our non smoking room was on the end of the hall, and next to us were 4 smoking rooms. When the patrons were smoking, we could smell in in the hall and and a little in the our room as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

April B, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ft. Collins South, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling. I am so glad to hear that your stay was a comfortable one and I do apologize for the odor from the smoking rooms and that the sauna was out of order. We have had the sauna looked at by an outside company and are hoping to have it repaired soon. Again we thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.