Motel 6 Fort Collins
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Pretty typical Motel 6, but construction going on at this time. I might stay there again soon if guaranteed a room on the north side of the property, away from the jackhammer noise. Ask before you commit.

Room Tip: Ask about the construction
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

morrtravel, Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for your unpleasant stay due the inconveniences of our construction renovation you experienced. Please contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864, so that we can have a record of your visit, further address your concerns and offer better service in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The room was decent, was a non smoking and actually didn't have a cigarette smell but had a smell I couldn't place. For the cost of the room I thought it was a nickle and dime that they charge $3 for wifi that is super slow.

A 3g phone was faster than the wifi they give you, To put this to the test i had the person I was staying with go to the same website as I did we typed the url and hit enter at the same time, The rules where simple once we hit enter we had to wait to the page finished loading before you could go to the next page, I was on my computer and them on their 3g phone, on the phone they got to 3 pages before mine fished loading.

I figure for charging the most they can do is give you internet that is decent. The TV looks like its from 1996 and went between static and clear picture.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank puppet87112
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff was friendly but that's the best thing I can say about this motel. Our non-smoking room smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. I had read other reviews that said the same thing before staying there, and thought it couldn't be that bad. It was much worse than I expected. I ended up with a sinus headache, and even my young grandson complained about the smell. The bedding in this Motel 6 was very old and worn. This motel needs to be upgraded!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was really run down however it was clean. Our room was very clean. We saw into one of the newly remodeled rooms and it looks very nice. However there were some suspicious people there that looked like they lived there. For that alone I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool are probably quieter as they don't face the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Misti C
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We got to the motel 6 and the room smelled like smoke and it was supposed to be non smoking. In the middle of the night someone was talking outside our door very loudly and for a long time. Our tv was old and when you went to the guide black lines kept going across the screen so you couldn't read it. The bathroom had huge yellow stains on the floor and sink. On some of our shower towels there was tons of huge stains on them almost like they were not washed. Both of the sheets on the beds were yellow and had burn holes in them. There was no clock so we did not know what time it was. The carpet also had many stains on it. The walls above the bed were stained. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Overall this was not a very clean hotel and I recommend not staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank We23
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The only redeeming aspect of the stay was Todd, the front desk receptionist. The room was non smoking but smelled a bit like piss. The rooms were tight an the beds uncomfortable. No new toiletries were given for consecutive stays. It was inexpensive and so the level of quality was comparable.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank GIobal_Nomad
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Rooms were clean and well maintained. My biggest gripe was price. I started out with a $330 Weekly rates and after 2 weeks they went to their summer rate of $70 per night. $490 is more than I was willing to pay so I moved out and found a studio kitchenette for $309 weekly just 3 miles away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business