“The roaring Poudre”

Ranked #2 of 111 things to do in Fort Collins
More attraction details
Owner description: Colorado's only designated National Wild and Scenic River provides thrilling whitewater and paddling adventures.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Driving from Fort Collins north, you enter the Poudre Canyon, with the beautiful Poudre River. It has steep sections which provide opportunities for taking pictures of the roaring river. Rafting is popular along this stretch. Several pull offs provide options for picnics, fishing and enjoying the scenery.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This is a must for anyone and everyone! From fly fishing to floating in a tube anyone can enjoy themselves! Rafting is offered - and recommended- plenty if pull off places and parking available along the route.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

50 miles west of a Fort Collins up highway 14 is one of the best hikes in Colorado I've been on. Beautiful river sounds and views, Talus slopes, and gentle incline to boot!! I've hiked Colorado trails all my life, and this is one of the prettiest hikes I've done. Highly recommended!

3  Thank Uremovich
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been running the Poudre for 12 years now and I still look forward to every trip to it as much as the first one. It has been through floods and fires and always returns to it's majestic beauty. Would be happy to spend the rest of my life here.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in a beautiful cabin (another review) in May of 2014. Even during a rainy week, the canyon was BEAUTIFUL! The drive along twisting roads along the river was exhilarating and relaxing all at the same time. The drive up into the canyon past Mishawaka Amphitheater into Rustic is positively stunning. We hiked a short distance from the Hewlett-Gulch Trailhead. It was definitely worth a few hours of the day. Didn't have an opportunity to raft or camp due to storms and high water during our visit, but will definitely go back our first chance. The area left such an impact, that we are planning a move to the Ft.Collins/Boulder area in the future. Not to be missed!