“A Wonderful Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Greeley, Colorado
“A Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The title gives you all you need to know about this slightly upscale restaurant. If you're ready for a great casual dining experience at a moderate price, just go. Here are the particulars. My wife and I arrived at 11:45 a.m. for lunch and were promptly greeted by a young lady stationed by the front door. She asked us whether we would prefer a booth or a table and then led us at an appropriate pace t our booth and told us that our server Laurie would be right with us.

Laurie came within a minute and took our drink order which she brought back to us almost immediately and she did so with a smile. We noticed that the floors were spotless and that the tables had real tablecloths on them, a nice touch. Laurie came back and asked us if we were ready to order or if we would like a few extra minutes. Since the restaurant was featuring an island grill themed promotion, we took a little longer to make up our mind . Laurie came back a couple of minutes later and we were ready to order.

I ordered baby back ribs and bacon wrapped bbq glazed shrimp on a skewer and my wife ordered a small sirloin paired with a petite lobster tail. Both of us had the smallish but still adequate salad bar. More on the delicious food later.

While we were waiting, I noticed the attractive décor of the restaurant and checked the plates and silverware for food particles. They were spotless. Salt and pepper shakers were full as well. These were good signs and we were anticipating a tasty meal and we were not disappointed.

After enjoying the salad bar with its fresh greens, waldorf salad and other assorted choices, we were ready for our entries and they arrived right on time. I am sometimes leery of ordering ribs because I have had my share of mediocre experiences but these were tangy and fall off the bone good with one of the best sauces I have ever enjoyed. My wife's steak was very well seasoned and she thoroughly enjoyed the petite lobster tail. Portions were ample and we had enough not to desire anything for our evening meal.

We greatly enjoyed our lunch. We felt this was a very well run restaurant. Staff was very friendly and the food was very good, especially considering the mid teens price tag of our entrees. Laurie, our server was awesome and we will plan on making this restaurant a monthly visit. We would heartily recommend it to you too!

• Visited July 2013

“Incompetent Management”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Last night at approximately 7:15 p.m. an elderly man nearly ran my daughter and me over with his truck in front of JCPenney in Fort Collins, Colorado (he actually GUNNED the engine and we barely managed to get out of the way!). He sped across the parking lot to Ruby Tuesdays and when I followed him into the restaurant to confront him, the manager told me to leave because I was disturbing the other "guests"! Never mind the fact that this psycho and his female companion were the only ones in the restaurant, plus he was the only one that was raising his voice. What really shocked me was this manager's complete lack of concern for the fact that my daughter and I had nearly been seriously injured. I wonder if she also asked the cop to leave when he came in a few minutes later? This is one restaurant that I will never go to again, and every review site I can find is going to hear about this. It's a shame because I have eaten here numerous times and enjoyed the food, although I must admit the service has always been sub par.

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful place to have an evening meal!”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We were there at 6:30P on a Friday night and got seated right away. We started off with a glass of wine and our waitress was there to check on us until we placed our order. I've been to Ruby Tuesday's in Nebraska before but my husband has never been to one of their restaurants. He absolutely loved the salad bar and the fact that there were so many choices. He got shrimp and talapia as his main dish plus a side and I got the chicken breast basted in a light Italian sauce plus a side. We were both full and happy when we got done with our meal. The manager even stopped at our table to see if everything was okay and of course, it was.

We would not hesitate to return to this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
“Average chain”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Some of the menu changes are good, but overall what you would expect at a chain restaurant. Reliable food and drink and little unique atmosphere.

Visited December 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Drinking water here is like kissing everyone in the place!!!”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

~~~
I really hate writing bad reviews, I hate to admit once in a while I go to chain restuarants. Tonight, I'm doing both!

Ruby Tuesdays blew it tonight. I watched our wait staff refill my glass by touching their pitcher to my used glass, then filling 3 more tables of glasses from others touching their glasses too!
I WATCHED IT HAPPEN!!! -------> GROSS!
I feel like I just kissed everyone in the place right on the mouth!

It doesn't matter how the food was, it was average.
This place grossed me out!

In the words of the famous Zig Zigler " This Place needs A Check-Up From The Neck-Up!!! "

• Visited November 2012