“It is not always noisy!”

Old Chicago CO - Fort Collins - Harmony
Ranked #199 of 615 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Harshaw WI
“It is not always noisy!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have eaten at this Old Chicago location three times and no other so our frame of reference is limited. The first time was by chance as we had a craving for pizza and our first choice was so busy we didn't want to wait and ended up here by default. All three experiences here were very satisfactory in terms of the food as we prefer a thinner crust and appreciate fresh ingredients. It may simply be our age as we do not enjoy settings which seem to amplify the noise with high ceilings and exposed heating and plumbing. But the quality of the food the first two times brought us back in spite of the tendency of the dining experience to be rather loud. This time was much different. The time we arrived was about 4:45 PM on Saturday night and we obviously beat the crowd. It was very pleasant and the food and service was excellent. We opted for the "$20 for Two" offering which included two entrees and and appetizer. As we were out to have pizza we selected two "Chicago 7" individual 8 inch individual pizzas and the bacon wrapped chicken wings for the appetizer. The pizzas were plenty for both of us and were very good with great flavor and the bacon wrapped chicken wings were excellent. One could never find fault with their attempt to promote area micro brewers as the options should satisfy the most astute beer drinker who loves trying new offerings. We were very pleased with the meal and enjoyed the entire experience in part to a server named Stephanie who was fairly new but a real delight to have as our server and representative of Old Chicago. We will eat there again!

• Visited August 2013

“Loud!”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This place is so loud you can't hear each other speak. The service is consistantly slow. Always takes minimum of 30-40 minutes to get food on the table. Quality of food is okay but not worth it to me. My husband really likes their pizza- I go along to keep him happy :-)

Visited January 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Around long enough to improve.”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

C'mon Old Chicago ~ you have college kids, families, even seniors ~ time to improve your food now that you have a solid client base.

Visited June 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“great place tp meet friends”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

definately a locals hangout - I always meet differnet people I already know when I stop in. INcreadible beers of the world selection.

Visited August 2012
Herriman
“Great lunch in a great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I don't have Old Chicago from where I am from and I like to go here when I am in town.

Even though it is a chain restaurant, I think the food is good. I got the Meat Me Calzone for lunch and, as always, it was very good. I think their sauce is really good.

For an appetizer, we got the Italian Nachos. These are my favorite and unlike anything I have had anywhere else. As nachos go, these are light and tasty.

Service was a little slow considering there weren't a ton of people there but the price was good. looking forward to coming back.

• Visited August 2012