“Salsa supreme”

Good for: Child-friendly
Fort Collins, CO
“Salsa supreme”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Great food, Great salsa. Creative. not your average Mexican food. This has been a fsamily favorite for years!

Give it a try!

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Stopped going here.”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I used to go to Tortilla Marissa's fairly often, but the last few times I went there, I was struck by the ordinaryness of everything. The food was not bad, but just not good either. The traditional dishes I used to like seemed to have a "metallic" taste that just put me off. It is a cute little restaurant on S. College. The service was always good, but I have basically stopped going there, because I would walk away disappointed.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Worst Mexican food we've had in Ft. Collins”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My husband and our two small children ate here about a week ago and we were beyond disappointed. The place was deserted--there were maybe 3 tables full on a weekend night, and it still took our server over 10 minutes to greet us and take our drink order. After we had ordered, he forgot our salsa and chips eventhough our children were screaming because they were so hungry. Once the salsa arrived, we tasted it and were very disappointed. The salsa tasted very old--several days old--and was not good at all. The chips were stale. My husband ordered fajitas and they were terrible. The onions and green peppers did not have a nice char to them like you usually see, and the chicken was obviously pre-cooked, frozen, then thawed and sliced in large pieces. It was obviously not cooked with the onions and peppers because it had no flavor and was tough. Out kids's meals were not good either and their cheese enchiladas were the tiniest thing you've ever seen! My quesadilla was pretty good except it was really greasy. We will NEVER go back there...yuck!!!!!

• Visited December 2011
“Chile relleno is money!”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

When we lived in FC this was our place. The food is Very good. The cooked salsa took some getting use too...but it's good.

The chile relleno are absolutely the best. The green chili smothered is awesome. Get the Ole #8...you can't got wrong. We miss this place and FC.

Westminster, Colorado
“SORRY...BUT GOOD MEXICAN FOOD DOES NOT EXIST AT TORTILLA MARRISA”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I cannot believe that this place has been open for 24 years...Really! Who is kidding who? The atmosphere was cute, but totally dated. The staff was friendly and accommodating, but that was it. The complimentary chips appeared to be a bonus and a nice first impression, but then I dipped my chip into a warm tomato salsa. Gross!!!! I don't mean that it was just warm, but they actually heat up the salsa. Weird, and not tasty ay all. I ordered a bowl of green chili & a beef taco and my girlfriend ordered a guacamole tostada and the blue corn tortilla cheese enchilada. The "bowl" of green chili was buried in cheese and who knows what else and about the size of a kittens milk bowl. The taco was just a bit less than disgusting. The dry tasteless meat hung with me for hours after we left. A horrible taco with a small portion of beans and rice will cost you $6.00...but I guess you will get some warm salsa with it. My girlfriend liked the rice, but her guacamole tostada had a layer of beans on the bottom. What? GUACAMOLE is not re-fried beans Marissa! We asked the staff about the combination and they nicely replaced it with another, less the beans. Bottom line...if this is the best Mexican food that Fort Collins has to offer, I would quit eating Mexican food in Fort Collins.

• Visited October 2011