“The parking lot was less than half empty on a Friday night, so there you go.”
Review of Armadillo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Do no eat here. They will tow your car if you don't walk straight into the restaurant. My husband walked two blocks to pick up me & my toddler & when we walked back to the restaurant, his truck had been towed. They have someone waiting & watching. It cost us $266 & we ended up eating fast food after the hour it took to get the truck back.

I honestly have no idea what the food or service is like, but if the parking lot is practically empty on a Friday night & they feel the need to hire a towing company because so many other people want to use their lot to park while they eat at other restaurants...anyway, don't eat here. We never will.

4  Thank NoCoNewbie
There are newer reviews for Armadillo

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Honestly the worst dining experience we have ever had. We should have turned back when we arrived in the strip club like parking lot, and noticed the open sign wasn't even on. Obviously the staff was warning us from the start. When we walked inside we noticed the restaurant was huge, but there was only one other table. Our waitress sat us, and returned with very stale chips and an italian marinara tasting salsa. We discussed leaving at this point, but figured that the chips were free and things would get better. When our food arrived, we were shocked. The beans were obviously old and dehydrated with hard chunks littered throughout, the rice was flavorless. One of the plates was so poorly plated that it looked like someone in the kitchen had eaten half the rice before sending it out. The pork tamales were quite literally dried out. We attempted eating then, but soon learned only the filling was edible. Our waitress took our plates but didn't ask if we had liked our dishes, which was obvious that we didn't from the full plates that she was returning to the kitchen. We made a comment to her, and the manager was promptly brought out. He was full of excuses and explained that some people like it, some people don't. Although he took off half of our bill, we will never ever return and hope that anyone reading this will take this review seriously. Don't make the same mistake we did.

5  Thank gramaolive
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I have been going to the armadillo since I was about 5 yrs old! The food is always great! Frendly staff and we always get our food in a timely mannor. I would highly recommend eating there!

Reviewed 17 December 2009

Every year my big family gets together from all over the country and heads back to a restaurant that has become somewhat of a second home. Mom and Dad with their favorite Atomic margaritas and all the little nieces and nephews with their love for "sopypillows" as they call them. The holiday cheer and the friendly faces that the staff has provided for my family is a wonderful gift that we hope to keep recieving.

Thanks Armadillo Family,

John Brooks

Reviewed 1 December 2009

OMG this place is horrible. From start to finish, recycled Mexican food. The paint is peeling off the building, no one at the front door to greet you. My 12 year old burned his hand because the watier didn't bother to tell him the plate was hot, then they did nothing about it. The restroom (mens) smelled and had trash all over the floor. One of the WORST dining experiences I have ever had.

2  Thank Ty1onok