“pretty sure they closed”
Review of Armadillo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2013

If they closed I don't need to even explain why. Who on earth has an hour and a half wait on food? We got so fed up with trying to please our kids we just started giving them pepsi from our straws.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

They have about a half dozen locations around the greater Denver area. Good, solid food. I probably would not take a date their but it is nice for lunch or with some friends for dinner.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Having gone to this chain of restaurant for almost 40 years now, I still like it. Good value , clean, friendly.
My family and I go at least once a month if not more frequently.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Always try new restaurants when in ft. Collins, thought we would try the armadillo. The place is dirty and dark, the chips and salsa were horrible... The meals were just as bad, the food was not fresh nor did it resemble authentic Mexican food. Can't believe this place is in business still. Their green chili tasted of old lard and the chimi changa was frozen and microwaved. I would not recommend this place to anyone and will never return again.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Armadillo Border Grill and Cantina .....Local Restaurant ETHICAL practices??

I had exactly the same NEGATIVE experience another reviewer recently shared...per my visit there on Saturday Feb 11th. Two of us parked in the parking lot, walked in, glanced at the menu and decided to not eat there.. We wondered why the parking lot wasn't full on a Saturday evening. (HINT). With the parking lot w/ so few cars, we walked over to Old-Town not thinking we were taking Armadillo's customer space..since the lot was virtualy empty. We returned to our car missing! It had been TOWED. The towing company must be in cahoots with the restaurant, as they secretly hide a towing company employee in close proximity to the LOT and watch for anyone parked in the LOT that isn't currently in the restaurant. One employee confided in me that "they will tow even if your car remains in the lot after you have eaten there and your car remains there for more than 30 minutes".
The towing company charges $154 for the tow, $30 storage fee (for 45minutes), 4 mile trip charge ($16), some ridiculous 'gate' fees ($66) bringing the total to $266. IF YOU ARE GOING TO TOW me for parking in your lot, then at least give me a warning . But to quadruple the costs!!?? THIS IS major gouging!!
Give me a warning; put one of the 'obnoxious' yellow adhesive stickers on my window that won't come off , or at least make your point by charging a reasonable fee; ....but if someone makes a mistake like we did by parking in the restaurant's lot, fine us, but don't gouge us on the price. Put a 'boot' on the car so we HAVE to contact you to get it off, but it was 9 degrees last night, no taxi's available and we somehow have to get to your impound lot? I have been dining at the Armadillo for over 20-30 yrs...NEVER AGAIN!

2  Thank parkshuff