“Modern Take on the Historic Hotel”

The Armstrong Hotel
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Historic hotel renovated to be more modern with a modern design, a stylish kitchenette. We had a nice, clean and bright room in the month of October. Seemed very secure with a friendly cat inthe lobby.

A little noisy since it is downtown where the college students and all ages hang out, but not too bad, really.

Good restaurants nearby and great coffee shop next door.

Highly recommended for the slightly adventure-ish type, who don't want the usual corporate hotel experience and don't mind a little noise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tsain

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I loved my stay at The Armstrong Hotel!
The rooms are quaint and well appointed...I stayed in room 203 and it was just the right size for 1 person. The bathroom was spotless and I really appreciated the environmentally conscious soap and shampoo/conditioner dispensers. The toiletries smell fantastic!
I always make sure to carve out some gym time on trips and was disppointed to hear that there were no facilities on site. However, The Armstong has partnered with The Old Town Athletic Club and offers free passes for its customers. It was a short walk away and it was awesome! You can get a great workout if you go here, but you will also surely get a feel for how friendly the city is. I chatted with some locals who offered great breakfast recommendations, there were free samples of homemade hummus, coffee, and other treats. I loved this gym as much as the hotel itself.
Only issue I had staying here was the in-room AC unit that got disconnected. The front desk was more than happy to fix the problem, but the room had already gotten pretty toasty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family and I spent three nights at the Armstrong Hotel while visiting a group of friends for a long weekend in Fort Collins. We had two rooms - a 2 room suite as well as single queen room. The rooms were fairly sparse but certainly comfortable and clean - although we spent most of our time enjoying the many activities, restaurants and breweries in the area. The hotel is more of a large boutique hotel with a certain endearing quirkiness (friendly cat wandering around the lobby, restored from an old historic building, historical signs, bikes to loan/rent and free pixie sticks for the kids on the front counter, etc.) The location was excellent within easy walking distance of all kinds of shops, restaurants, etc. in the Old Town area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MJN63
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our family of four stayed at the Armstrong Hotel for two nights and we had a great time. It really was close to everything which made eating and looking around Ft. Collins very easy and laid back. The kids loved greeting Oreo, the cat every time we came and went through the lobby. Really we don't have any complaints other than mentioned in other reviews. The walls are thin, the floors are squeaky, and there is a train that passes rather close. Fortunately, no one in our family is a really light sleeper so this wasn't a problem, but if you are a light sleeper keep those things in mind. I also felt like it was a bit pricey, but not so much so that I wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The little things make the difference. When I called to make my reservation I talked to a young man whose parents run the place. That's a good sign. I told them I was traveling with young kiddos, so when we checked in there was a bottle of Mr Bubble sitting by the tub. And the fold-out sofa was all made up and ready for the night. That fold out couch was easily the most comfortable fold out bed I've ever experienced. What else? Great location, a super comfy bed with wonderfully fluffy linens. Loaner bikes, a house cat, and tons of options for eating and drinking close by. Apparently they'll get you into the local health club and they also can get tickets to the local theater (I didn't take advantage of these, but its right there in the hotel booklet). If this hotel could be replicated into the other cities I travel to, it would be the only place I would ever stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RusstyCowboy
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a terrific one night stay at the restored Armstrong Hotel. Our room was large, comfortable, and well designed. Simple elegance. Good design -- contemporary design in an old building. Efficient staff at the desk. Warm welcome. All interactions warm & efficient. Love the fact that the hotel had all the basics plus good design. Bar in the basement was exceptional. Good drinks. Good food. Good service. We'll return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank OpenToNewAdventures
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We rented a king suite with 2 rooms, a king bed, and a hideabed. Both beds were very comfortable. Hard wood floors, fridge in the room, 2 tv and a huge shower with 2 heads. Tons of room for the 3 of us. Staff was nice and helpful, great bar downstairs. My only complaint was parking, which is understandable for a downtown hotel. Most important is the price. The Quintana near the freeway, which is an awful spot, had a similar price.

Stayed: July 2013