“Great hotel and great service”

The Armstrong Hotel
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We held a day and a half business meeting at the Armstrong Hotel with a large group. The hotel staff was very helpful and were a tremendous support for our meeting. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The food was also very good. I plan to return for a leisure visit. Well done

Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We love the Armstrong! This is our second time staying there and I swear I wanted to go back to Ft. Collins just so we could stay there again. It's a beautiful, classic hotel that has been restored perfectly. We had a great room with an extremely comfortable king-size bed. The linens were first class and the pillows so comfy, all very high quality. It was very clean and just had a good feel about it.
The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful and more than willing to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
We ate both breakfast and lunch at the attached deli and both meals were delicious. And the lounge/cocktail bar downstairs was fantastic. We spent the evening down there having classic cocktails, great small plate appetizers and listened to sultry jazz with piano and bass. A step out of time.

Room Tip: You can view all the rooms online before booking which allows you to choose exactly what you want...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KittyPaws
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Historic hotel renovated to be more modern with a modern design, a stylish kitchenette. We had a nice, clean and bright room in the month of October. Seemed very secure with a friendly cat inthe lobby.

A little noisy since it is downtown where the college students and all ages hang out, but not too bad, really.

Good restaurants nearby and great coffee shop next door.

Highly recommended for the slightly adventure-ish type, who don't want the usual corporate hotel experience and don't mind a little noise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tsain
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I loved my stay at The Armstrong Hotel!
The rooms are quaint and well appointed...I stayed in room 203 and it was just the right size for 1 person. The bathroom was spotless and I really appreciated the environmentally conscious soap and shampoo/conditioner dispensers. The toiletries smell fantastic!
I always make sure to carve out some gym time on trips and was disppointed to hear that there were no facilities on site. However, The Armstong has partnered with The Old Town Athletic Club and offers free passes for its customers. It was a short walk away and it was awesome! You can get a great workout if you go here, but you will also surely get a feel for how friendly the city is. I chatted with some locals who offered great breakfast recommendations, there were free samples of homemade hummus, coffee, and other treats. I loved this gym as much as the hotel itself.
Only issue I had staying here was the in-room AC unit that got disconnected. The front desk was more than happy to fix the problem, but the room had already gotten pretty toasty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family and I spent three nights at the Armstrong Hotel while visiting a group of friends for a long weekend in Fort Collins. We had two rooms - a 2 room suite as well as single queen room. The rooms were fairly sparse but certainly comfortable and clean - although we spent most of our time enjoying the many activities, restaurants and breweries in the area. The hotel is more of a large boutique hotel with a certain endearing quirkiness (friendly cat wandering around the lobby, restored from an old historic building, historical signs, bikes to loan/rent and free pixie sticks for the kids on the front counter, etc.) The location was excellent within easy walking distance of all kinds of shops, restaurants, etc. in the Old Town area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MJN63
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our family of four stayed at the Armstrong Hotel for two nights and we had a great time. It really was close to everything which made eating and looking around Ft. Collins very easy and laid back. The kids loved greeting Oreo, the cat every time we came and went through the lobby. Really we don't have any complaints other than mentioned in other reviews. The walls are thin, the floors are squeaky, and there is a train that passes rather close. Fortunately, no one in our family is a really light sleeper so this wasn't a problem, but if you are a light sleeper keep those things in mind. I also felt like it was a bit pricey, but not so much so that I wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The little things make the difference. When I called to make my reservation I talked to a young man whose parents run the place. That's a good sign. I told them I was traveling with young kiddos, so when we checked in there was a bottle of Mr Bubble sitting by the tub. And the fold-out sofa was all made up and ready for the night. That fold out couch was easily the most comfortable fold out bed I've ever experienced. What else? Great location, a super comfy bed with wonderfully fluffy linens. Loaner bikes, a house cat, and tons of options for eating and drinking close by. Apparently they'll get you into the local health club and they also can get tickets to the local theater (I didn't take advantage of these, but its right there in the hotel booklet). If this hotel could be replicated into the other cities I travel to, it would be the only place I would ever stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family