“Not a lot to see”

The Farm at Lee Martinez Park
Ranked #15 of 111 things to do in Fort Collins
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We took our toddler nephew to visit this with his grandparents and while he enjoyed it for a little while, there wasn't a lot to see in terms of the petting zoo. We also had to pay $3/each (for 7 people) and we too had expected it to be free as it's a city Park. We're originally from Omaha and have high expectations due to the Henry Doorly Zoo but would most likely opt for a zoo or a working farm next time to visit instead of this park.

4  Thank waltonma
There are newer reviews for The Farm at Lee Martinez Park

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I went there expecting it to be free (from other posts). It is not. It is $3/person plus extra to ride horses or feed the animals. Expected more animals. For what we found, it was nice and enjoyable. Made a special trip to north Ft Collins just to go there. Would probably not consider going back.

2  Thank Barney2009Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We visit with our kids and grandkids who live in Fort Collins and we often go out to the farm. The granddaughters love all the animals and I love seeing the old equipment as I used to visit my grandparents on their farm. The price is reasonable. The grounds are kept clean and safe. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Definitely a place to visit in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was relatively cheap admission. It had a small snack bar. There were coin operated feed vending machines everywhere.
There are pony rides for sale. Great picnic areas. If you go prepared with food and drinks it can be a cheap, fun day!

1  Thank WildBill G
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I visited here at age 10 when I lived in Ft. Collins. I have good memories of the city and this farm. It is a nice place to get close to the farm animals which most kids love. Near the park there is a nice river trail. You can have a fun day in the area. Children 12 and younger will enjoy the farm. Price is $2 as of 2009.

My 4 star rating is based on my views when I was 10 years old several years ago. Parents will enjoy taking their kids here.