“Pricey for a dessert”

Ranked #5 of 19 Dessert in Fort Collins
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Collins, CO
“Pricey for a dessert”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I have eaten here a few times but I always groan a little when my friends want to go again. The Chocolate Cafe has good food and a fun atmosphere but I wish they would offer some smaller portion desserts at a lower price. I think the lowest priced dessert is around $8, for which I could get a full meal (probably two) at another restaurant. The desserts are also extremely rich with scale-tipping calories so it would be nice to have some smaller portions options when you're not in the mood to gorge yourself.

• Visited October 2011

• Turkish first
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Chocolate lovers rejoice !!!!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Great desserts and a nice place to sit. I just wish they had more food items based on chocolate.

1 Thank srh1983
La Mesa, California USA
“Very tasty, charming option in downtown Fort Collins”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stopped here for lunch after trying several other dining options in Fort Collins. The decor and style was very fresh and charming and the menu was diverse with sandwiches, pastas, salads and delicious-looking desserts!

I did not have one of the desserts but did really enjoy the vegetable risotto (very flavorful, filling yet also light) and my boyfriend's italian-style sandwich had a great mix of flavors.

Pricing was reasonable, but the service was a little slow, even with the restaurant not very busy. I think they work on a skeleton crew when school is out, so might not be a good choice if you are in a hurry.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank LeftCoastTravelGirl
Fort Collins, Colorado
“This is a one of a kind place right there in the heart of Old Town.”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I am a huge fan of romantic date spots to frequent with my husband. I love the one on one time that we can spend together, the adult conversation we can have and all of it over some food that entices our taste buds. When I think of a place like this in Fort Collins, my first instinct is to go to The Chocolate Cafe.

The menu is a long list of mouth-watering desserts, some for those special date nights to get you in the mood, like the sparkling champagne and chocolate covered strawberries ($17). At the first visit there was also a fruit and brie plate, but it's no longer listed on their menu (or at least the website). Pies, bread pudding and brulee descriptions all pop from the menu making it difficult to pick just one. The staff is pleasant and helpful, making it an even more enjoyable experience.

After being in business for two years, I hope The Chocolate Cafe lasts a while because I always look forward to date nights and love coming back. This is a one of a kind place right there in the heart of Old Town.

• Visited November 2010
2 Thank FeastingFortCollins
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Service, Great Dessert”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Went back a second time to confirm the good experience and was equally impressed. Server Brenica made wonderful conversation and dessert was great. Decor and music is nice and the place does not strive to be "hip," which I mean as a compliment.

Visited August 2011