“Chocolate Lover's Dream”

Price range: US$8 - US$10
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2013

A friend and I celebrated Christmas by heading to The Chocolate Cafe this week. We were not disappointed. We loved the tasty quiche (she had spinach; I had apple/bacon). The delicious, warm homemade applesauce as the side was the perfect complement to the quiche. For dessert we shared the giant piece of chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, which came with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Even the coffee had a drizzle of chocolate on the saucer. Everything was delicious, and we'd definitely visit again!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This downtown cafe is renowned for their scrumptious chocolate dessert menu. After a show, we were looking for some food that was more substantial rather than sweet. We ordered the meatball panini which was very tasty; other items on their menu that were also tempting included soup, grilled cheese sandwich, and quiche. Coffee was excellent. The small room, charmingly decorated, is reminiscent of a European bistro. A romantic atmosphere for date night, too.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I finally figured out why I don't like the Chocolate Cafe that well. It's because ALL of the chocolate options are dark chocolate. There are a few people in the world who just don't like the bitterness of dark chocolate. Some milk chocolate options would be appreciated. There are, of course, non-chocolate options for dessert but who wants that at a place called Chocolate Cafe?

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend have been there a few times to satisfy our sweet tooth's and they never disappoint. Their white chocolate croissant bread pudding is out of this world and they have great cheese pizza. My only con is that they always seem to be out of half of their menu items.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The last two times I was in the restaurant there were problems. I went for lunch and they were out of half of their menu. Things " weren't available." This time I went in and they were not able to give me a wait time . When we asked , the hostess was very rude and showed us the list. When we asked again the approximate wait time and how many were ahead, she showed us the list and rudely asked us "can' t you count ? It's one , two, three..." Needless to say , I will NEVER GO BACK- especially when I found out the hostess was the owner's wife. TERRIBLE business skills. I will not support this business and will be sharing my story with anyone who brings up this business.

2  Thank Michelle B