“Helpful”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Savannah, Georgia
“Helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

It was a highly accessible hotel. Many say they are and then you find that
you need someone to open doors or the accessible bathroom is not. Not
so here. I had a very large, comfortable room with a wheelchair shower and plenty of room to maneuver. There are several restaurants close by including one in the parking lot. The hot tub was actually hot rather than lukewarm. The room was very clean. My only complaint would be that the room service wasn't worth the price.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm that they have the room you want reserved. I nearly ended up with a room I could...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Billy D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the comments and feedback. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel had the accessibility you needed. This is definitely a big focus for us here. I am also happy to say that we are revamping our Dinner and Room Service menus and hopefully you enjoy this better on your next visit. Billy Dye - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We used points for a recent 2 night stay. Room was on top floor as requested. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Also, due to Hilton Honors members, we received coupons for Full breakfast. This was VERY Good!
Only draw back was that we wanted to sit outside, but the tables were not clean and there was a smell of horse manure as well....Not sure if always this way or not as this was our first trip staying her. But I would still recommend this place & would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your response. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all the amenities. The only thing I can think of to warrant the smell you had mentioned is a business nearby that may have been fertilizing their landscape. If this is the case it is definitely a random occurrence. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back. Billy Dye - General Manager
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is my second time at this hotel and again, I was not disappointed. I paid $124 for the night. My room was spacious and clean with all the appointments and amenities I've come to expect from HGI. The hotel is surrounded by various restaurants and stores. It is also very close to the I-25 exchange.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Hello and thank you for filling out a review for us. It sounds like we took good care of you during your stay. The convenience of the area and great service is what we want to deliver to our guests to keep them coming back. Billy Dye - General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed here while attending some meetings in Fort Collins and was disappointed all the way around. I arrived late and got checked in ok, the staff was nice and everything but when I got to my room I was glad I was only staying for one night. The room had a musty cigarette smell and looked really tired. I've see worse for sure but given the choice I would stay elsewhere unless this place was really good deal.

My colleague stayed a few extra nights and said his room smelled so bad he called and complained. To the hotels credit, by the second night they had corrected the problem and the smell was gone.

The breakfast was ok but really unorganized. Didn't use the pool or other facilites but the lobby looked nice.

Room Tip: Maybe look at the room before checking in, its possible some rooms are better than others?
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank travelpanthers
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our hotel. We really appreciate all feedback. I apologize your stay was less than satisfactory. The rooms definitely need to be in good condition before being rented and it sounded like that did not happen for you. That is something I have passed on to housekeeping and we are going to keep a stern eye on. Thank you again. Billy Dye - General Manager
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I've been hosted in the HGI for two weeks during my business trip to Fort Collins. HGI is everything you need: wide & comfortable rooms, clean, great services and professionally maintained. Breakfasts were good & tasty. Wi-Fi connection was stable and fast enough. I have wondered a bit about shower design, seems a bit weird but ok.
Never used the gym nor the pool, but they both look inviting.
Fireplace in the patio is a nice place to have a drink or cigarette.
Great value but then again, my workplace paid for my stay. Yet I think it has a great value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Angie H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Collins, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you stay with us was good. I realize being away from home for so long can be hard and I"m so glad that we were able to make it a pleasant experience for you. We do hope to see you again in the future.
San Juan Capistrano, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

My reservation made 3 months prior and reconfirmed 2 weeks prior was manually downgraded by the GM. Ry reservation was for 2 rooms , one with a king and the other with a king and a sleeper sofa. After I was given the keys to the rooms I noticed that one of the rooms was not correct, there was no sleeper sofa. When I questioned the front desk they indicated that there was a transaction (Initialed) by the GM that eliminated my room with the sleeper sofa. The question is simple after 2 confirmations on my part how does the GM go into the system and unilaterally change the reservation, initial it and decide that my family doesnt need the sleeper sofa. This was discussed with staff and they shrugged their shoulder and rolled their eyes as though this type of activity is routine. I can asure you that it is disappointing to say the least. When I returned home Monday morning I placed a call to speak with the GM-Angie Harper...no call back. Wednesday at noon I called again and was informed that "Sorry I didnt call you back....its been one of those weeks"....by the way you might want to clue Angie in....being busy is a blessing....its certainly not a viable excuse for not returning a phone call after +50 hours. When we did speak she was very apologetic and assured me that this was a mistake...an exception. I can assure you....If you had seen the way this was dealt with you would know its not an exception...It was like someone cooked the reservation book and that was all there was to it....when called on it and presented the actual computer prinouts that specified the room details there really wasnt much for staff to say...simply its time to scramble for damage control. the experience is rediculous.

Room Tip: bring a printout that specifies the detail of your room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Larry R
Again, I'm sorry that your experience with us was not a good one. Believe me, I do realize that being busy is a blessing. As you can see from our other Trip Advisor posts, the HGI is a great place to stay and I am sorry that your stay was not great. I refunded your money and apologized and I'm truly sorry that your reservation was not correct.
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Couldn't get the bathtub stopper to work so I asked for help from a housekeeping lady. She couldn't make it work either and after she left, she must have called the front desk. I immediately got a call from the front desk clerk asking if he could help but in the meantime, I was able to fix it. I was impressed at how quick the response was. The king bed was extremely comfortable with lots of pillows and nice linens. Breakfast menu includes biscuits with sausage gravy (a touch of home!) and all items cooked to your order. Computer facilities are available at no charge so guests can print boarding passes. I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
I'm so glad that your recent stay with us was good. Our beds are amazing and I'm so glad you liked it. Being able to "choose your snooze" is a great feature. We look forward to seeing you again soon!