“Good CSU Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good CSU Location”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Location is great if you are looking to go to Colorado State University and want to walk. Many things nearby. Room was clean and the staff was accommodating. Room seemed to be somewhat remodeled. New TV in room that hadn't even been plugged in yet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Lori K,

Thank you for your delightful review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and our rooms. We have recently finished remodeling our rooms, and I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed it! I appreciate your feedback and I hope that you will come stay with us again soon!

970-484-2984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel was conveniently located and we were able to walk to lots of great restaurants. The hot tub was marvelous and the room was also very nice. But the best part of the experience was definitely the staff. The manager and one of the people at the front desk where so accommodating in terms of finding routes to our next destinations that ensured we would go the most scenic route. They also checked conditions of the roads since some had been closed by a recent flood. Every staff member we encountered was incredibly helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: You might ask for the section of the hotel that has been renovated more recently.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BWUIHotelManager, Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Gypsyrozlee,

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on being able to accommodate and help every guest that we encounter. Thank you for making it worth it!

We hope that you will come stay with us again the next time you are in Fort Collins, and we look forward to seeing you!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

If you're visiting the campus of Colorado State University in Fort Collins, you can't get any closer than this Best Western, which is across the street from the CSU campus; it's also within walking distance of Old Town, which is where almost everything of interest in Fort Collins is; it's about a 15-minute walk to Old Town, but there's also a bus line that stops right near the hotel & runs downtown. This is a decent motel-style hotel. The only annoying thing was how loud the heater was; that, and the fact that there were no tea bags next to the coffee maker, just coffee. Other than that, it was nice & quiet. There was a refrigerator, which was really useful; and the shampoo dispensers in the bathroom were great; they're so much more environmentally friendly than those little bottles of shampoo that most hotels have. There are actually 2 buildings, and I had a room in the far building, which I'd recommend; my room faced a quiet residential street with virtually no traffic. The breakfast is quite ordinary but decent, but there's no alternative to cow's milk, which is a bit surprising for Fort Collins, which is a college town; one would have thought at least soy milk if not almond milk might be available. But the lobby -- which is the breakfast room -- is nice & sunny & cheery and the staff are pleasant & helpful. In general, a good experience, and I'd probably stay here again if I were visiting CSU again.

Room Tip: I would suggest the second building (the one further from the entrance), which is slightly quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BWUIHotelManager, Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Savvyworldtraveler,

Thank you for your insightful review!

I am glad our location suited your traveling needs during your stay and that the proximity was helpful!

Thank you for recognizing our efforts to stay environmentally friendly! We have installed shampoo/conditioner/soap dispensers in all of our bathrooms to reduce as much plastic waste as we can. We have seen a drastic decrease with this installment!

I apologize we did not have milk to your liking at our breakfast, we will consider supplementing in a soy or an almond milk to serve.
I am pleased we were able to accommodate you during your stay at our hotel, we strive to provide our guests with friendly customer service and to assist you in any way we can!
Thank you for providing such a detailed and helpful feedback.

Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very friendly and attentive staff members. Nicely remodeled rooms with lots of clean and soft pillows! Super hot, hot tub and the continental breakfast was unexpectedly abundant. HD t.v. is a nice feature and the FREE movie channel is a bonus!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The staff was so pleasant and the rooms were very well kept. I enjoyed my stay and plan to stay again when I'm back in town. I especially enjoyed the front desk gal. She was super sweet and informative. I recommend this hotel highly. Thanks for the experience.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
KAILUA, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Best Western University Inn has a very professional staff! They answered all our questions about the area. Outstanding Continental Breakfast. Quiet rooms and furnished great for traveling. Located in a very convenient area so one can see the town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Denver, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel is old and sadly has not been very well taken care of. It's 2 and a half star rating is due to the brand name alone. The desk staff has no knowledge of what rooms are being worked on and while they "upgraded" my room due to an issue it wasn't an upgrade. For the price there are 2 and a half star hotels on the South side of Fort Collins even 3 star that make it pointless to stay at this location. Learned my lesson

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Charity A
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Charity A,

I am very sorry that the carpets were not yet done being cleaned in your room when you checked into our hotel.

I apologize that when I brought you your new keys to your upgraded room in our east building and offered to carry your bags for you, I did not realize how truly upset you were. I wish I would have known at that moment to ensure you had a pleasant stay with us.

We value the cleanliness of our rooms and we were having our weekly carpet cleaning that day. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope you will return so that we can have another chance to provide you our superior care.

Ashley,