“Great location, great service”

Best Western University Inn
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lakewood, Colorado
“Great location, great service”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We found this hotel to be in an excellent location and the service outstanding. We were i the back building, removed from the street, which had a good deal of traffic at all times. It was quiet and clean. Worked very well for us.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a quiet room if you need it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Glenn M,
Thank you for such a pleasant review! I hope that you will come stay with us again soon!

970-484-2984 ext 125

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

While the convenience to the university is hard to beat, the hotel has been a huge disappointment. My room was clean but, as a woman traveling alone, I regret making the reservation. I am looking to change hotels ASAP. While the front desk was accommodating, it doesn't change the fact I asked to switch rooms the first night because of a heavy marijuana smell in the hallway. Moved across the campus to the back building and my keys didn't work, not once but THREE times. Woke up this morning to heavy cigarette smell in my room and hallway even though all rooms are clearly marked non-smoking. I made this trip to spend the week with my daughter and chose a location convenient for both of us. As of today, I will be switching hotels and spending the extra cash on a rental car or taxi. Well worth the extra expense to feel safe and well cared for. Will never stay here again, whether traveling alone or with family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Lorraine M,
I want to apologize on behalf of the entire staff here at the Best Western University Inn for not meeting your expectations at our hotel. We are a 100% non- smoking facility. We make sure every guest understands this at check in and each individual has to sign our registration card that clearly states this policy. Unfortunately, guests do not always abide by these rules and are charged a cleaning fee and asked to leave the vicinity. I'm apologize that this happened during your stay. We hope you that you will come back and give our hotel another chance and I can assure you a better experience.

970-484-2984 ext 125
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Location is great if you are looking to go to Colorado State University and want to walk. Many things nearby. Room was clean and the staff was accommodating. Room seemed to be somewhat remodeled. New TV in room that hadn't even been plugged in yet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Lori K,

Thank you for your delightful review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and our rooms. We have recently finished remodeling our rooms, and I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed it! I appreciate your feedback and I hope that you will come stay with us again soon!

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel was conveniently located and we were able to walk to lots of great restaurants. The hot tub was marvelous and the room was also very nice. But the best part of the experience was definitely the staff. The manager and one of the people at the front desk where so accommodating in terms of finding routes to our next destinations that ensured we would go the most scenic route. They also checked conditions of the roads since some had been closed by a recent flood. Every staff member we encountered was incredibly helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: You might ask for the section of the hotel that has been renovated more recently.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BWUIHotelManager, Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Gypsyrozlee,

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on being able to accommodate and help every guest that we encounter. Thank you for making it worth it!

We hope that you will come stay with us again the next time you are in Fort Collins, and we look forward to seeing you!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

If you're visiting the campus of Colorado State University in Fort Collins, you can't get any closer than this Best Western, which is across the street from the CSU campus; it's also within walking distance of Old Town, which is where almost everything of interest in Fort Collins is; it's about a 15-minute walk to Old Town, but there's also a bus line that stops right near the hotel & runs downtown. This is a decent motel-style hotel. The only annoying thing was how loud the heater was; that, and the fact that there were no tea bags next to the coffee maker, just coffee. Other than that, it was nice & quiet. There was a refrigerator, which was really useful; and the shampoo dispensers in the bathroom were great; they're so much more environmentally friendly than those little bottles of shampoo that most hotels have. There are actually 2 buildings, and I had a room in the far building, which I'd recommend; my room faced a quiet residential street with virtually no traffic. The breakfast is quite ordinary but decent, but there's no alternative to cow's milk, which is a bit surprising for Fort Collins, which is a college town; one would have thought at least soy milk if not almond milk might be available. But the lobby -- which is the breakfast room -- is nice & sunny & cheery and the staff are pleasant & helpful. In general, a good experience, and I'd probably stay here again if I were visiting CSU again.

Room Tip: I would suggest the second building (the one further from the entrance), which is slightly quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
BWUIHotelManager, Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Savvyworldtraveler,

Thank you for your insightful review!

I am glad our location suited your traveling needs during your stay and that the proximity was helpful!

Thank you for recognizing our efforts to stay environmentally friendly! We have installed shampoo/conditioner/soap dispensers in all of our bathrooms to reduce as much plastic waste as we can. We have seen a drastic decrease with this installment!

I apologize we did not have milk to your liking at our breakfast, we will consider supplementing in a soy or an almond milk to serve.
I am pleased we were able to accommodate you during your stay at our hotel, we strive to provide our guests with friendly customer service and to assist you in any way we can!
Thank you for providing such a detailed and helpful feedback.

Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very friendly and attentive staff members. Nicely remodeled rooms with lots of clean and soft pillows! Super hot, hot tub and the continental breakfast was unexpectedly abundant. HD t.v. is a nice feature and the FREE movie channel is a bonus!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The staff was so pleasant and the rooms were very well kept. I enjoyed my stay and plan to stay again when I'm back in town. I especially enjoyed the front desk gal. She was super sweet and informative. I recommend this hotel highly. Thanks for the experience.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo