“Didn't even make it to the door”

Days Inn Fort Collins
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The employees working the front desk are rude and very unhelpful to fellow Wyndham workers. Very unwelcoming to me before I even had a chance to come and stay. I am a front desk worker myself and I would never had made someone feel as though they are stupid and inferior. They cancelled my reservation because they said they would not honor my rate, even though I booked it online through the Wyndham website. They refused to allow me to speak to a manager or the so called "owner" they said made the decision. Can't imagine how they treat their guests if they have such a negative attitude toward Wyndham co-workers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Sarah-DaysInn-FC, General Manager at Days Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

I'm sorry to hear your experience with us was less then ideal, as thats not how our customer service is at our hotel. More then likely the situation was misconstrued. Also the majority of our business is repeat customers and have never had any complaints on our customer service as we strive to be friendly and welcoming. Again my apologies

Reviewed 6 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Like others have shared, it is not downtown. 10 minutes to my appts in the mornings was not an issue for me.
I had my dog with me and they allow pets which is great. Make sure to pay the $10. I wasn't sure if one guy was being mean about it or we simply misunderstood each other.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Nice room for a night. A little confusing because it is on the 'frontage' road, which has the same name as the main road. A very good breakfast except the biscuits were a little hard. We got to breakfast early so we may have gotten the leftovers from the day before. It was quiet - we were on the back side, away from the road.

Room Tip: We came in on Hwy 287, which made our trip shorter but the city driving time longer. It is right of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed two months on a business trip. The room was nice and clean, no noise or bothersome neighbors. Staff was very professional and ready to help. The bed and pillows were so comfortable! As most hotels only leave you two pillows the bed was full of them... Nice! I'd stay again if ever in Fort Collins!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sarah-DaysInn-FC, Manager at Days Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your extended stay at our hotel, look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Days Inn Fort Collins is one of those places where for a decent rate you can get a large clean quiet room equipped with fridge, coffee maker and micrawave and enjoy a full complimentary breakfast as rarely happens nowadays in the motel range the Days Inn chain belongs to.
The location, 10 minutes by car from downtown and by the I 25 exit, might be both an advantage and a disadvantage. Despite I had my business in downtown, I preferred saving a non negligible amount of money and residing in an area definitely better than the one by N. College Ave where several cheaper motels are located. The staff was polite and professional. I wouldn't hesitate rating this property even better if it were not for an inconvenience : the wi fi was not working and even the guest computer located in the lobby was not connected. The following morning when I cheked out I was explained that the problem was due to the fact that the line was overloaded.
Would I stay at the Days Inn Again ? YES. Would I recommend it? YES.
Last, but it doesn't affect my judgment, three months later I'm still missing, as most of the times, my Wyndham Rewards points.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank d8889
Sarah-DaysInn-FC, Manager at Days Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your detailed response to your stay, we do apologize that our internet was unsatisfactory as this is an ongoing issue we are constantly trying to improve. On another note we are pleased you we were satisfied with our other amendities. As always thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This would be suitable for a single person as far as space availability. It appeared that there were renovations taking place, which will be an improvement. My husband and I were cramped in these quarters for the night. The mattress was in need of replacement and the pillows should have gone in the trash.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Sarah-DaysInn-FC, Manager at Days Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Good morning,
Looking back you were booked online for a Single, which is a one person room. Makes sense that you were uncomfortable in that accomidation. We do apologize for if the bedding was less then comfortable I have replaced the pillows. Thanks for your feedback we hope you will stay with us again