“CSU Homecoming”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reno, Nevada
“CSU Homecoming”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed at the Hilton for one night during Colorado State's Homecoming. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it was the type of facility and level of service you expect from a Hilton. Of course being a Hilton franchise you pay a little more than other hotels in the area but it was worth it. Friendly staff and a convenient location accross the street from the CSU Campus.

We were a little concerned when we read an earlier review from an individual who had a very noisy room. Actually our experience was just the opposite. Despite a full house for Homecoming weekend our room was very quiet. It might be due to the fact we were up on the fifth floor, so I would recommend sticking to the upper floors.

We definitely enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The fifth floor south side was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Bllngrsll,

Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed CSU Homecoming weekend and that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see again soon.

Ned Sickle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 October 2011

This was my first time staying at this hotel in Fort Collins and it will be my last. . . . I was in town for Parents Weekend/Homecoming at CSU last weekend and my experience there was less than what I expected for a full service hotel. . . . . When I stopped by the concierge desk to ask about a local restaurant, the gal there was on her cell phone and did not even look up to answer my inquiry. . . . . She just shook her head without even acknowledging me. Nice. . . . When my sister and I went to the lounge for a glass of wine no one came to take our drink order, though other patrons in the lounge were being waited on. No problem. We ordered at the bar, took our seats in the lounge, and weren't asked if we needed anything else until we stood up to leave. . . . . When we needed some drinks from the soda machine outside our door on the 8th floor, we found it to be empty. I went to 4 other floors only to find those machines empty as well. . . . . When I asked at the front desk about the machines, the woman told me, "It's Friday. I don't think the Pepsi rep will be out since it's the weekend." That was NOT the answer I was expecting. . . . . It was completely rude and unprofessional. How about, "Mam, I'm so sorry about that. Let me get you a soda." Something! . . . . You would think the machines would be full PRIOR to a sold out weekend. . . . And at checkout, I had to give my credit card in the business center just to use the internet briefly.

I much prefer the folks at the Marriott.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dianna3
Dianna3,

I am deeply sorry to hear of the problems you encountered during your stay, but do appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I may look into each of these instances and take the proper corrective measure. This is totally out of character for our hotel and staff and I will make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past month--first on vacation (paying myself) and the second time on business (paid for by someone else). The staff is very nice and the rooms decent--beds are pretty comfortable and rooms clean. I got back to my room after a long day of business and was dying to soak in a hot bath, but unfortunately the tub was too shallow and uncomfortable--the non-slip surface of the tub feels like sitting on little grains of sand, so that idea didn't work out well. This hotel is also extremely noisy--the open-air design seems to serve as some sort of funnel from the lobby/restaurant area and the noise just travels up the middle of the building to reach into all of the rooms. At 2 a.m. on Saturday morning, it was as loud as you'd expect to hear in the middle of a ballroom during a convention. The noise kept me up for an hour. I bought earplugs for the next night an it helped tremendously.

Overall, nice enough for a business trip or just a place to crash that is located near downtown & CSU. If you're looking for a place to rest well and unwind, I wouldn't recommend this Hilton. It's a little pricey--and if you want internet you have to pay another $10 a day. The television channel selection is very limited (again, only matters if you are looking to unwind a little at the end of the day). Daily breakfast buffet is a nice touch--a little pricey for me since I don't eat much, but at $15, if you have a big appetite and want variety it's probably worth it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nlw820
Nlw820,

Thank you for posting a review from your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the accommodations comfortable, but am sorry to hear that noise was a problem during your visit. We work very hard to try and minimize excessive noise in the hotel (especially at night) and try to encourage all guests to be respectful of other guests so they everyone has an pleasant stay. We will continue working at this until we get it 100% right. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Spanaway, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We were in town for a Celebration of Life Service. Our family booked at least 7--9 rooms. The gals at check in were exceptionally nice and friendly. Our first room had a broken bathroom knob and the room was too small for us w/ 2 boys for 3 nites so .... we upgraded for a decent price to a much bigger room. Nice view of the hills. The only thing that would of been nice is if they provided little iceboxes in room. We had to rent one. another perk is that the Whole Food store is nearby. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: better to ask for a room higher than 3rd floor - in case there is a party goin on down in the lobby
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Trishwa61,

Thank you for leaving this review. We are glad you and your family had a nice experience at our hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our front desk staff so they can get the credit they deserve. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband, myself and our pup stayed here our anniversary trip. I booked online and selected a room with a whirlpool instead of a room with a view just because a whirlpool bath would be comforting after hiking. When we checked in we found that the website was wrong and the hotel has a whirlpool, not the individual rooms. Also, the transition floor piece from the hall into our bath was not attached and I almost tripped over it when we first got into the room. I mentioned this to the front desk at the same time I found out about the whirlpool being for the entire hotel, not individual rooms. The desk clerk said she would mention it to the facilities manager and asked if we wanted it fixed right away or the next day. Since it was late, we said the next day would be fine (we were staying 2 nights). It wasn't fixed the next day either. No big deal, we just had to remember to pick up our feet.

I have two major complaints about the hotel:
(1) they charge for internet in the room. I think they have wi-fi in the lobby, but I believe all mid-range and up hotels should provide in-room wireless gratis.
and
(2) the $50 deposit for our pup was a bit high. Usually we pay $25 to $40 for a deposit and get a water dish and puppy snack as well. But, all the staff were very nice to our pup. I noticed quite a few other guests with pups as well, and no one seemed to mind.

The coffee in the room is not the greatest, I suggest going to the Starbucks in the lobby or bringing your own instant.

Also, the trains going by disturbed me the first night, but I was so tired the second night I didn't notice them.

The bed was very clean and comfortable. In fact, the whole room was clean and nicely done. Also, the room was pretty insulated from the noise in the interior of the hotel. Now, if they could insulate it from the trains going by ... .

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
NMFireHorse,

Thank you to you, your husband and your pup for staying with us and for leaving this thorough review. While we are very glad your overall stay was good and you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, I would like to apologize for some of the issues you encountered. Thanks for pointing out the lack of clarity on our website regarding the whirlpool. We will get that fixed immediately. I will also address the issue with not getting that floor threshold fixed with our facilities management staff so we can ensure that is fixed for future guests and that our staff is better prepared to address this type of situations. Thank you again for this valuable feedback. We take all comments very seriously and use them constantly when evaluating areas of improvement . We hope to see you again next time you visit Fort Collins.

Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I think I said it all in the title. I was taking my daughter from Hawaii to start her freshman year at CSU. Great location across the street from CSU. We could walk to her dorm. Parking is free at the hotel. The entire staff, from the bellman to the bartender were genuinely nice and will help you in any way. The room was spotless, modern, nice color schemes. Bathroom layout was perfect. Great room service. Convenient to Old Town or the mall. Could not have asked for more. We will always choose the Hilton at Fort Collins when we go back. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HiloKine
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
HiloKine,

Thanks so much for the kind words. We are very pleased that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you found the staff so helpful. I will definitely be sure to share your sentiments with them. We look forward to having you at our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I would recommend this hotel. I would just caution that during the school year traffic may be completely different. There were plenty of food options very close and the staff was great. The rooms were very clean and depending on the room, a view of the mountains.

• Stayed August 2011
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Colesmith76,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting this nice review. We look forward to having you in our hotel again soon.